Alamar Resort Inn(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$85
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$89
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$240
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$287
US$250
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$259
La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$189
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to take a chance because the reviews on here seem to range from "this is my new favorite place" to "this place wouldn't be good if it was bulldozed to the ground."
First off, let me just say I am a horribly forgetful/dyslexic person. I accidentally booked for next weekend instead of this weekend via hotels.com. I didn't realize it till I got to the front desk, and the front desk guy acted a little irked. He told me to call and cancel it, and I did and re-booked through hotels.com. This saved me a little money (maybe $20?) and when I came back and the guy realized I'd gotten a lower rate he was super rude cause I'd lost him money.
Whatever.
Got to the room, and it wasn't disgusting or filthy per se, but there were a lot of little things that added up to making it not so great...
-chipped paint on the walls
-sheets were clean but stained
-mystery food? Caked into the carpet
-mystery stains on towels and shower curtain
-holes/burn marks on carpet
-the bathroom door didn't really close or lock. It looked like someone had broken down the door at some point because the wooden frame was split where the latch goes in. Also, water damage on the door.
-found a clump of hair on one of the towels.
-fingernail trimmings on the bathroom counter.
-the lights in the bedroom flickered like we were on an episode of Supernatural
-generally sketchy vibe.
First world problems, but when you pay over $200 for a hotel, you expect a lil more.

Also the owner?/front desk guy made us move our rental SUV by the pool in front of the electrical box because it was "too big?" Yet we saw the same SUV (different year model) that next morning in the same spot we had tried to park earlier. It was just weird.
It's not horrible, and the girl who was there when I checked out was nice. However, there are nicer, less weird places to stay in VA beach for similar/lower prices. It's not horrible, but if you don't want to carry rock salt and holy water with you, find a different place.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank saw2498
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the Seashire Inn. I'll admit, if I would've read the reviews before booking my stay I might not have stayed there.
I'm glad I did!
The motel is in a great location. On the outside it was clean and looked freshly painted. I stayed in room 130, on the end. The room was very clean and quiet. (no bugs, no odors) It had a nice patio that overlooked the lake out back. A very clean bathroom and a good shower.
Mike, the owner/manager, was very attentive and every time he saw me he asked how my stay was going.
If you expect the Ritz Carlton, this is not for you. If you want to nice place to stay with very reasonable rates, make a reservation at the Seashire Inn.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Deane2_24
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The check in did not go well. Staff was not friendly. After we came back from the beach we realized that the room was very dirty. We ask the FD to clean it but they said that housekeeping is gone and it is not going to happen. When we came back to our room we saw a roach crawling out of the wall and we decided to leave. It was 1am and we had no place to go. Expedia was not helpful and had us on the phone till 3am. Mr. Patel - the overnight manager was very mean to us and refused to give us money back for the room that we never stayed. It was the worst vacation experience that anybody can imagine. Please see pictures.

Room Tip: Never stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Svetlana W
Reviewed 20 July 2017

It was the worst experience ever! The room was dirty, sand on the floor, hair all over the place. When we came back from the beach we saw a roach crawling out of a wall and that was the last drop. We asked for a refund because we were afraid to stay over night but the manager (Mr. Patel) at the front said he was not going to refund us. He saw the roach we killed but still said "It happens". We had no other place to go but still decided to leave at 1am.

Room Tip: We had cockroaches in our room and had to leave the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Initial check in wasn't good. Was charged $35 dollars "resort fee". Firstly this is NOT a resort, secondly I had already prepaid in full with hotels.com (money was refunded without too much bother so hotels.com must be aware).

Room was musty, not particularly clean and the patio/balcony overlooking the lake was covered with dead flies and bugs. Noisy neighbour playing tv at full blast 2 nights in a row so I was moved to another room which was marginally better. Patchy wifi.

Pool had just opened for the season. View overlooking lake was pleasant watching ducks, geese and turtles in the water.

Housekeeping was less than basic, exchange towels and take out trash. Rooms should be vacuumed and beds made daily. Patio should be hosed down regularly without requesting it be done.

Beds very comfortable with new bedding but pillows need replacing.....badly. Staff are average.

This place has potential considering its lakefront location but it needs a huge improvement in terms of maintenance and cleanliness, not so they can charge more, just so you get something for your money.

It's quiet provided your neighbours keep the noise down.

Room Tip: Lake view room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple