“Big sandwiches”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have plenty of parking! Carnegie Deli Cheesecake! Melt in your mouth Pastrami! Home of the award-winning Super Reuben!!
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after reading about it online. They offered us a sample of their famous Reuben which my husband ordered. It was so big that he couldn't finish it. I had the turkey bacon cheddar and it was also delicious but I couldn't finish that. We took cheesecake to go and it was very good also. Food is a little pricey but you get huge portions.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We did come back one more time ONLY because it was on our way leaving VB and nothing else was open at 10:30am., but we had to have a meal before 4hrs drive.
This time the same customized combination of barley knish with paper thin slices of pastrami, corned beef and tongue + the side of coleslaw cost us more then $40. First the waitress said the cost would be about $3-4 extra, but when we've finished our meal she brings the check with almost $10 extra claiming that there was a 1lb of tongue in the dish which was a total false. We doubt if there was an 8oz of all the meats in the dish from the way it looked. Most of the heaping pile was the cheese and the Sauerkraut.
Now speaking about the taste. It was not made from the scratch but according to the waitress all the components was ordered from other companies and just reheated. And reheated without a doubt in the microwave, because some parts if the dish were scolding hot (which burnt some part of the roof in my mouth), but some parts were barely warm, which can happen only when you use microwave for reheating. Of course the meats were dried up and not juicy at all. And for all of this cr-p you have to pay $40?!?!
No thanks, without a doubt it was our VERY LAST TIME in this faked and overpriced deli.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We visited this deli in July. We happened to find this deli in a strip mall, what a lucky find! My husband ,I and my 90 year old mother enjoyed a great lunch there. We shared potato pancakes as an appetizer, they were as good as the ones we make at home! We had the 1/2 pound pastrami, corned beef, and brisket sandwiches. they were all flavorful, ,tender and just plain delicious! Unless you have a huge appetite you will have left overs! We split the chocolate cheesecake and ended up taking most of that home too! The cheesecake was fluffy, possibly the best I ever had! The sandwiches are pricey when you look at the menu, but so worth the money! Service was attentive, but not overbearing. I highly recommend it if you are in the area for a casual meal.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I start anticipating a visit to route 58 days before I know I get to go. Their super ruben is so incredibly delicious, it's unbelievable. The fresh rye is grilled; I request it crisp, and it's the perfect accompaniment to both savory pastrami and tasty, tender corned beef. Swiss cheese is added; I prefer it melty. I then pour over each bite the irresistible sauce the deli provides at each table. This is truly the most wonderful sandwich I've ever eaten. Each masterpiece is two pounds of meat and worth every penny. My Honey and I split one, and there's extra meat left over for another episode of culinary bliss the next day. This is definitely what you should order when you visit as you will not be disappointed. For desert you must try their cheese cake. Last Thanksgiving, I bought a whole one for the holiday and impressed everyone. Family and friends said it was the highlight of the entire meal! Indeed, it was divine. After living in NYC for 2 years, I returned home to Virginia Beach, but I always missed the food, especially the bagels and unbelievable deli. Now however, I can thankfully get my NY foodie fix at Route 58. When I eat the super ruben, I'm instantly transported back in time as I savor the taste of true NYC delicatessen at it's finest. Life is good.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Whatever you order, it's going to be fantastic! At first you may balk at the price of the sandwiches, but when your sandwich arrives you will be satisfied beyond belief. Delicious meats, sauerkraut, and fries! Service was impeccable. Wish we lived here to visit more often!