“Amazing 1st SUP experience!”

Rudee Inlet Stand Up Paddle
Ranked #1 of 68 Tours in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Rudee Inlet Stand Up Paddle is a school that teaches Stand Up Paddle. In business since 2011, we strive to spread aloha and have fun while teaching the way cool sport of SUP. We start out in nice calm flat water teaching intro to paddle..then graduate up to ocean and or yoga paddles....RI'SUP the place to start and continue your paddle journey!!
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had an amazing first experience doing stand-up paddle with excellent guide Randy from Aloha Rudee Inlet Stand-Up Paddle! Randy greeted us warmly and made us feel comfortable! I was a little bit nervous at the beginning but I rapidly felt more at ease, as Randy took the time to explain step-by-step and gave us useful tips and went on with encouraging words throughout the session. He was attentional, gave us bottles of water and made sure everything was OK, this contributed to a pleasant experience! He commented on the wildlife as we were paddling and indicated where to look to see birds, eagles and interesting things, but most of the time I was too busy practicing my technique to look around! ;) We had have fun trying yoga poses on the board (I’m passionate about yoga so this was cool!) Of course, I ended up falling in the water trying to do an equilibrium pose on one feet - we had a good laugh! He took a lot of great pictures, this is definitively a PLUS! We have excellent action shots as a nice souvenir from our awesome afternoon doing SUP in Rudee’s Inlet. We recommend this place and we would go back without hesitation! RISUP! Thanks Randy!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our family went out with Randy yesterday while the Blue Angels Navy jets were performing overhead for the NAS Oceana air show. It was a unique experience to be out on the water with the jets flying over Rudee Inlet. We also saw 2 adult bald eagles and a baby eagle. Once again, a great experience with Rudee Inlet SUP. Thanks Randy for an awesome time!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Randy was incredibly flexible with scheduling when we needed and very able to teach people of varying skill levels simultaneously. I feel like he tailors the tour to the needs of the group. We had a great time, he was a great instructor, and we would definitely come back and recommend it to others! Next time we would do the ocean trip, though I think starting with the inlet was a good choice for beginners.

Bonus - he takes lots of pictures of the trip, which is great since we (of course) left our phones on land!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We have enjoyed Rudee Inlet many, many times. We especially enjoy sitting in the sliders. The bartender always does an excellent job at making the tastiest drink concoctions. The chef does a great job of having the freshest ingredients for everything on the menu.

RudeeInletSUP, Owner at Rudee Inlet Stand Up Paddle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

hello I believe you reviewed rudees restaurant but gave the review to us at rudee inlet stand up paddle! I am glad you had a five star experience....if there is anything I can do to help change it over then let me know at 757 343 3560