“Boardwalk Food Experience”

Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The local’s oceanfront favorite for fresh and local seafood, hand-made sushi, great service, rockin’ patio dining with fabulous views, easy access with free parking, and good times plus MahPalooza 7th Street stage entertainment in season.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Food was good, atmosphere was good, service was OK, light were very low after 7:00 pm and the prices were HIGH for the amount of food you received.The exception was the NACHOS appetizer as it was a meal in itself. If you sit inside avoid the window seats adjacent to the boardwalk as there are little flies at the base of some windows.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Service not very good, food was not wonderful, and the only reason I would go is because it is convenient to the hotel.

Jason M, General Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hello,

My name is Jason and I'm the Director of Food & Beverage for the Ramada and Mahi Mah's. Your comments about the food and service are very concerning to me as we strive to deliver excellence from our culinary team. I understand we failed your dinning experience and would like the opportunity to provide the experience you deserve. Please don't hesitate to call or email me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jason L Milliken
Director of Food & Beverage
Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Jason.milliken@goldkeyphr.com
Phone: (757) 437-8030

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We were in town the first night and unaware of anything in the area, so stopped here cuz of the rankings on here. It was a mistake. Walked in around 645 and were told 30 minutes and gave the girl my number. About two minutes later got a text and was seated by the bar. The waiter came quickly and got our drinks. We ordered and started our wait. After 30 minutes he told us there was a table of 35 they were taking care of first before our meals would be prepared. Uhh ok, would of been nice to know so we could of let rather than waiting 30 minutes for food, but we weren't done, after 55 minutes, we got dinner. Got fish and chips and fried shrimp. The fish and shrimp were good, I'll give them that, but both came with fries that were inedible. I think they cooked them with the fish and shrimp or after. The tasted like old bay or something and were covered in little pieces of fried breading. Couldn't tell the waiter they sucked tho, cuz he only returned with the bill. To busy with the 35 people I guess. Paid $60 and could only eat a third of the meal. Would of been better off at long john silvers.

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize for your recent visit to Mahi Mah's. As you work hard for your money you deserve the value of a good meal and great restaurant experience. I know we failed in both areas and I would hate for this to tarnish your opinion of us. Please allow me to make this right for you and to provide the experience you deserve. Call or email me anytime.

Jason L Milliken
Director of Food & Beverage
Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Jason.milliken@goldkeyphr.com
Phone: (757) 437-8030

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My best friend had a great birthday dinner for her mom's birthday at Mahi Mah's and it was awesome! The food was fantastic and the service was quick. The waitress was very attentive and everyone had a great time!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We have a few sushi restaurants to choose from where we live and we like all of them - so Mahi Mah's really doesn't live up to the hype, or the cost, in terms of sushi. The rolls are small and plain and you'll spend north of $15 for anything substantial. The only way to come here is a Monday after 5 when the sushi is half price. The service at the table was good too but the initial hostess station leaves a lot to be desired in terms of friendliness and service (we asked for a booth and we were told we can have the last booth available if we want to sit by the door and have our food blown off the table because that is what happens when people sit there. Really?). Waterman's is better for entrees and Zeke's is better if you're in a sushi mood. Mahi Mah's is convenient if you're staying right on the beach and don't feel like venturing anywhere else.