See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This place was filthy. Mold on the shower curtain. Flies in the room...multiple flies... and the entire place smelled of smoke despite the large posted "No Smoking" sign. It was to the point that the clothes we were wearing had to be completely separated and sprayed with Febreeze! I showered with my flip flops on! I couldn't imagine sleeping in that bed and we checked out the same night. Thankfully there was availability at a brand we know and trust. Beyond the filth, service was horrific. The woman at the front desk was dismissive, on FaceTime and behaved as though I was inconveniencing her at check in. The man at the desk when we checked out was completely unhelpful.To add insult to injury, 4 days later and I still have not received my refund. Do not waste your time or money. Absolutely not worth it!

Room Tip: Do not book. Disgustingly dirty.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJohnson83
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The owner is very rude. Not accommodating AT ALL. We booked a room with a kitchenette. Hoping we could cook up some crab! Not ONE thing in any of the cabinets for cooking. Besides stray chips and crackers. Our first night we asked for a couple extra pillows, owner told us, not tonight, no pillows tonight. Bed had crumbs under the sheets. Floors were filthy, bathroom tub was rusted, shower rod broken, no curtains, outdoor light came through the blind making it tough to sleep. We headed to the beach and tried to get ice from the machine for our small cooler, owner says, only one bucket, only one bucket per day! Bucket meaning, the small ice bucket from the room. Would have left but only booked for two days and dealt with it. This was the worst hotel experience we have EVER had.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BandDee
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Unfriendly staff, unclean rooms, no room service during our stay, trash cans not emptied, no clean towels, asked for enough towels for our family of four and had to explain why we needed two additional sets as well as sign for them, smoke detector laying on shelf in bathroom, shower rod coming out of wall, bath tub rusted , box springs not covered and filthy, limit of 20 allowed in pool, man in front office gave our son-in-law a hard time because he asked for a cup of coffee, checked out July 16, 2017 and next day trying to dispute additional charge on our credit card. Woman in front office hung up on me when I called to dispute charge. Occupants next to us were smoking pot. Bed covers were stained and smelled.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elle P
Reviewed 13 July 2017

GOOD LUCK finding a place to park. Tiny pool with no shade. If you heard there is a parking garage don't get excited. It has less than 10 spots. When we finally got a spot, we got a call while we were on the beach to move our cars due to repainting the white parking lines. There is a nice big place to sit outside of your room but....only if you have chairs. The chairs they provide aren't enough for all. The people beside us took them in their room. Luckily I thought to bring some. It just depends on who's in the office weather or not your have a nice person. We had to beg for toilet paper. I don't know why we got new towels but not toilet paper. AGAIN I BROUGHT IT. I read reviews. I was prepared. Any bad reviews I read were all true. Our mini frig was barely standing. It waddle. I think it had a broken foot.
There are good things I can say. I did talk to 2 of the cleaning staff. The man was nice. At least from what I could make of what he was saying. He was the only employee that smiled. It's a nice location off the beach. We just happened to be close to the elevator which is with the garage. Don't think there is one in the other building next to
the office. Be carefull who you book through. Expedia was our choice. They got everything wrong. Which made things worse. We eventually paid double for everything thing thanks to Expedia. This is one of those places that you hope for the good. After reading reviews, I knew what we were in for and I was right. WE LEFT A DAY EARLY. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS. I've stayed at the Cutty Sark more than once.....never found a better cheap place in Va Beach.

Room Tip: I've only been in one kind of room. Micro and frig. It's small for 4 people.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Catrina M
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were in Va beach for the week and decided to stay here for a Saturday night. First of all the rate was almost 200 for a weekend in June with taxes. The room was clean but had a giant hole in the bathroom door. They decided to patch the hole instead of replace the door. Our front door was paper thin so we had to listen to subwoofers and drag racing all night on Pacific. The bed couldn't really fit 2 people and we woke up many times during the night. I think the positive was when it was morning and we could start our trip home. We have traveled all over the world for work and vacation and this was the only hotel where I couldn't spend any more time in the room then needed. The AC was ice cold to end on a positive note.

Stayed: June 2017