“The BEST Softshell Crabs in Town!”

Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,453 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Cardinal Road
Reviewed 25 May 2017

It is softshell season so I went on a taste test of local Virginia Beach restaurants looking for the best. Hands down, Bella Monte is the winner! They prepare them gluten free so you don't lose the fresh taste of the crab in the coating. They serve a generous serving of three of them. I have been back several times for them since then. Always great!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaurant. I believe we will return. The service was excellent and the food very good. We started with a mussels appetizer which was delicious. My shrimp rissoto was great. We had 6:30 reservations... my husband couldn't get the soft shell crab special as they had run out... at 6:30- ridiculous. He we enjoyed his second choice, but had trouble getting past them running out so early. Desserts were a mixed bag. His creme brulee was very good, my bread pudding was delicious, but not bread pudding. No cream product or eggs- not bread pudding. It was nice bread with a bourbon butter sauce. We liked the wine policy... buy a bottle and take the remainder home. A good experience, but not great.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Haven't been in a couple years and was shocked they had done a total remodel! Killer wine store now. I had the lamb and it was cooked perfectly. Shrimp risotto was perfect. Best part: I don't care for coconut that much but we all shared a piece of the coconut cake. It was fantastic! Service was a bit slow but they forewarned us they had s party of 25 ahead of us so all good. Definitely a place for a nice romantic dinner. Make sure you go on a night the piano guy is there.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Very efficient and elegant self service wine lounge where you can grab a comfy sofa or table and dispense a selection of red and whites from a machine, no hassle, no waiting. I have not tried the restaurant on the other side (same owners/business) but the smells were enticing and I would definitely go back.

1  Thank reborna
Reviewed 22 February 2017

This was a wonderful meal for two of us, featuring well-prepared and presented entrees, fine salads, a hearty wine, and irresistible gelato. The two entrees, capellini fresca and lasagna, were excellent. The house sauce is superb, due in large part to the inclusion of Italian-imported tomatoes. The interior space is well-proportioned and comfortable. The service was excellent: friendly and prompt but not rushed. The wine selection was ample and varied, provided by the menu listings and the attached wine store. One minor suggestion would be the inclusion of a few more California wines at moderate prices, but overall, we enjoyed our dinner immensely and will plan to return when we travel through the area. It is located approximately five minutes from the beach; very easy to find and well worth the effort.

1  Thank John C