“Lovely Hotel with awesome staff!!”

Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My wife and I spent out 10th wedding anniversary at VA beach and stayed in this property. We had an 18th floor room / Club level which entitled us to free breakfast and snacks and hors d'oeuvres through the day. The front desk staff is super friendly and when I mentioned that we were there for our anniversary, a bottle of wine was sent to our room - not just any, Luce at the front desk asked me for our preference and also made sure it was in the room when we came back from the beach! Breakfast at the Empyrean was excellent, the coffee was great and we were well attended to. Our room had views of the ocean as well. Parking across the street is $10 which is very reasonable. The hotel also offers beach towels and chairs that can be picked up from the concierge which is a blessing since the beach rental company charges 15 bucks for chairs. We also had a late checkout after spending time at the beach! Live music at the park, Neptune park outside the hotel and lots of shops across the street, not to mention the beach as well!

- Opening the patio doors can expose a lot of noise especially with the military base nearby, however, once the door was closed, we heard nothing and had a great sleep.

All in all, a wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at the ocean facing Club Level rooms for an awesome view and great breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank sraghura
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are honored that you chose the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary! Congratulations! Thank you for letting us know your entire stay was amazing!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My husband's birthday fell on the first day of our stay, and the concierge desk helped me surprise him with cake and champagne. Not only was the service extremely satisfactory, the location, views and restaurant were all fantastic. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront for your special occasion! We were thrilled to help you make your stay memorable and look forward to see you again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

After reading some reviews during the same general period in July, I'm not alone with those with very mixed results. As a gold member, I have high expectations for Hilton. The little things can mean a lot. So it was a mini vacation for the family - 4 of us. Upon arrival, noticed 3 towels. Received a text from the hotel, wondering how things were going. I stated it would be nice to have 4 towels. They said no problem, would take care of it. They didn't. Next day, another text. I stated still no towels, and oh by the way the door handle on the sliding glass door literally broke off. Again texted they would take care of it. This time maintenance did show up to fix the door. Housekeeping showed up to turn down the bed. Requested more towels. Finally we had sufficient towels! Next day, went to the beach all day. Back to the room, all the extra towels that I had placed in the shelving unit were gone. Back to 3 towels!
Turn-down service is a nice thing. But why, if there are two beds in the room clearly being used, would only one bed be turned down, leaving one chocolate?

Summary: VERY average at best for a Hilton.

Room Tip: Avoid 20th floor. Might be noisy given the night club opens at 10pm.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

On behalf of the team, I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations, and would like to thank you for being a Gold HH member. Thank you for your comments feedback and we hope you will allow us to serve you again in the near future.
Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter booked my room only days before their vacation so that I could enjoy a getaway with them and their new baby, my first grandchild. I was extremely happy to get Any room during the prime week of 4th of July! Pricey, but last minute reservation for a prime time on the beach. Virginia Beach is our favorite beach on the east coast, it is a wonderful location for families, with beautiful sandy beaches, and surf that is gentle enough for young children and adults. My daughter and son-in-law's room was a corner room on the 19th floor and was truly special-luxurious with a great view. My room, being last minute was fairly standard, but I was thrilled to get it. Overall, a great experience. Only subtracted a star because for some reason I only had my room cleaned once during a 4 night stay-not good. I used my very last towel by the end, and the trash cans were filled to the brim. I simply left a tip that reflected one day of service, and didn't sweat it. It was probably their busiest week, but still, room service should have been better. Otherwise, great location right on the beach, and close to all the stores also.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I am pleased to hear that you had a relaxing getaway with your family! Thank you for letting us know about the lapse in housekeeping, in the future, please call down to the front desk and let housekeeping know of your issue. However, this should not have occurred and I will address it with our new Director of Housekeeping.
Thank you again!
Regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2017

First impression of hotel was good, but the area surrounding the hotel was full of what I can only describe as American Lager Louts, it was chaotic, noisy, crowded.

Our first night was disturbed because the management have in their infinite wisdom situated the 24hr gym next to bedrooms and we were disturbed by the banging of weights and pounding on the treadmill. When we went to the reception to ask to be moved, we were told that the hotel was totally booked and were offered a free breakfast - like that would help with the sleep deprivation. I immediately went online and managed to find several rooms to book and when we put this to the staff they miraculously found another room, all be it of a lower standard. During the second night the toilet in this room blocked and this was the straw that broke us, so we checked out.

I am sure that on a quieter weekend and with better staff training this could be a good hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not next to the gym
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HazelBagel

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that we fell short in delivering a wonderful experience. Please accept my sincere apologies, we truly stand by our “Make it Right” policy and would like to have the opportunity to right our wrongs. We do hope that you will reconsider another stay with us in the future.