“Great food and service in a convenient location”

Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle House
Ranked #12 of 1,449 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This pancake house is a very nice place for breakfast. I went there three times in three days arriving before 8:00AM each day. I noted that the place got very busy about 8:30 so if you want to have a great breakfast then I recommend you get there before 8:00AM. I would have recommended a five-star excellent rating but the one issue I have is 'don't nickel and dime a customer'. on one morning the server refreshed my coffee for the second time, and since I was getting ready to leave I asked if I could have a cup of coffee to go. She hesitated and then said that I would have to pay 25 cents for the cup. I did but thought it was kind of awkward to charge customers separately for a to-go cup. this made an otherwise great breakfast a bit awkward. I will be back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pocahontas Pancakes is an amazing restaurant and worth the wait. The menu is astounding! Their omelets are delicious, and the pancakes are fantastic!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

They have great French toast and Belgian waffles. We enjoyed everything on our plates . The service was fast and attentive. The tables are a little cramped together though, so I'd recommend to request a boot instead.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Our favorite breakfast spot on vacation. Great food, very reasonable prices. Wait staff was friendly. Convenient to our hotel (Hilton Gardens Inn). Look forward to going back when we are in VA Beach again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. The waffles and pancakes are fabulous and the service is always attentive and well paced. There are so many breakfast choices and they are all great - all the standard breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, omelettes) but healthy options are available too. Don't be deterred if there is a line as the host is a master at getting people seated and served. Don't miss the waffles - they are the best. I am already a repeat visitor of many years.