Alamar Resort Inn(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$134
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$240
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$220
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$76
La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
La Quinta
US$179
US$108
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$233
Sheraton.com
US$95
US$79
Hotels.com
US$111
Travelocity
All reviewsbed and breakfasthot tubapple dumplingamazing weekendfire pitour honeymoonfresh fruitevery morninga wonderful stayphilbnbfireplacewedding
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went to the Country Villa Inn for our 19th anniversary and had a wonderful weekend. We have stayed at several B&B's and they were all larger but this one has changed our opinion of them. It is so much more personal and Petie is so warm and friendly. You feel like you are staying with friends. It is so nice to be able to choose what you like for breakfast intstead of just having something put in front of you. We wanted to sit outside for breakfast and Phil was so great about getting the cushions out for the chairs and asking us what we needed.
The breakfast was absolutely amazing and we were so full we didnt have lunch. The bed was so comfortable that we actually slept better than we had in a long time. It was so private - we had the pool and the hot tub to ourselves. Sandbridge beach was only about 10 minutes away. This is a much quieter, family orientated beach than Virginia Beach. Petie was very helpful in recommending nice restaurants. It is our dream to own a B&B someday and I would run it just like Petie and Phil do.

Room Tip: We stayed in the d'elodie room which had an private entrance to the pool and spa. We liked this a lot. It was very quiet and we were free to come and go as we pleased. It was nice to be able to use the hot tub and go right back into our room in provate. The room also had a jetted tub and a seperate shower. Triple A rating for us!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I won't repeat what's already been said.The breakfast is as awesome as everyone says and you will relax the night away in the hot tub which was great as is, but will soon be even better due to an upgrade planned. I just want to share a couple of things that I didn't know before we went:

1) THe Eloide room, although the larger of the two only has a queen sized bed. It's beautiful and comfortable, but for those used to sleeping in a king, it is an adjustment. Petie mentioned they may have a king room soon, which we will be sure to book.
2) the bathroom is open to the rest of the room. When more personal business needs to be...ahem, addressed, we just chilled in the living room right outside the room.
3) it seemed like it was first come, first served as far as where to sit for breakfast outdoors. Both locations are great, but if you really have a preference try to plan ur breakfast time around the other couple.
4) the room really is a great value. When you consider that we rarely ate again before dinner because breakfast was so hearty, wine is included, dessert ( cookies) provided daily.
We were B&B newbies, and right before we got there I had a sinking feeling in my stomach like, what did I just get us into, but Petie and Phil have mastered the delicate balance of personal attention and privacy. We can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank mochamsm
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at the Country Villa for 2 nights for our first anniversary. It was our first time at a B&B and I have a feeling that no other will be able to live up to the level of service that Petie and Phil were able to provide in the short time that we spent with them. From the first moment that we met Petie, we instantly felt right at home as she gave us a tour of the property. We felt like we were visiting friends rather than staying as guests at a business. Every detail was impeccable. It sounds crazy, but I actually found myself halfway hoping that the weather would be less than perfect so that we could just hang around the house instead of going to the beach -- it was just that comfortable and cozy. But, Sandbridge Beach (only 10 mins away) is also wonderful. Unlike the busy and crowded Virginia Beach by the boardwalk, it feels much more private. Even on a busy July weekend, the closest sunbathers on either side of us were at least 25 yards away! It felt much more like the Outer Banks than a crowded mid-Atlantic beach as we expected.

The breakfast is beyond compare and will leave you full until dinner (my husband had to eliminate one of the courses on the second day because he was too stuffed!) and the grounds are just lovely. We loved how Petie and Phil are always working to improve the property and add more great options for their guests (ie: new packages, additions to the outdoor spaces like a fire pit). We will be telling all of our friends and family about Petie and Phil and look forward to coming back to visit them for another weekend (or a week!) away, or even hopefully to renew our vows in their beautiful altar or pavillion in a few years!

I could go on and on about the fabulousness of the Country Villa, but I found it was nice to discover some of the perks as surprises. Believe me, the only thing that you will regret if you book here is not making your stay long enough!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I just spent a few delightful days at Country Villa Inn. Petie and Phil were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The accommodations were very well appointed, clean and private. The backyard with the in ground swimming pool was just lovely. The very best part of our stay was the morning breakfast which consisted of three delicious parts...fruit (very fresh and tasty), eggs (cooked to your liking) and dessert which was out of this world...be sure to save yourself for the dessert. You may want to try the apple dumplings and the crepes. Petie gave us some great recommendations to go for dinner (after that big breakfast, we didn't need lunch). The beach is only about 15 minutes away and not crowded. All in all I would highly recommend this wonderful bed and breakfast.
Lisa from Springfield Virginia (June 2012)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had a wonderful overnight stay at Country Villa B&B. We lived somewhat locally at the time but due to my husbands duty schedule in the military were only able to get away for 1 night for our anniversary, and it had to be closeby. We booked fairly last minute and Petie was so great about answering all my inquiries so quickly before I booked. The night away was such a relaxing and private time...just what we needed. The room was decorated with special little touches (balloons, rose petals) and all throughout the B&B were the same. And Petie's cookies that she bakes for the guests are DELISH!!! It was kind of a stormy night when we stayed so we asked for a closeby recommendation for pizza and Petie sent us to the perfect spot. We got it to go and hunkered down in our room for the evening. The storm even let up for a bit so we could sneak out to the jacuzzi that they'd warmed up for us. Petie and Phil are so attentive but not in an obtrusive way...kind of like secret little elves that pop out when you need something, or already have it ready for you. And the breakfast the next morning was gluttonous and DELISH!!! I even had some special dietary needs at the time (no eggs OR dairy) which normally knocks out a lot of breakfast goodness, but Petie came up with ways to make me a superb meal despite the challenges I gave her. We were stuffed and felt spoiled. We only wished we could've stayed longer to really get to enjoy all the other things that make this hidden gem so great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple