All reviews bed and breakfast hot tub apple dumpling amazing weekend fresh fruit our honeymoon a wonderful stay phil fireplace bnb wedding
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I'll do my best to not over indulge a potential couple in fear of giving up too much wonder this B&B will offer you....
Pete and Phill the owners are superb in every way my wife and I could have imagined for our honeymoon stay. And my wife has very high standards for vacation stays, and the fact that we ended our week with the both of us almost in tears of joy and the fact we didn't want to leave says a lot! The main points I would convey to anyone looking to stay in Virginia Beach is that this place not only offers the best breakfast every morning (cooked fresh and from local farms etc by Pete n Phill) but spacious rooms that their photos don't do justice, every cozy amenity a couple would want like a fire pit in the back or a pool, the concierge type service for the food stocked for you and snacks n drinks alike!
But what really made the experience truly beautiful wasn't the food (even though a 3 course breakfast is hard not to put at the top, or the rigorous cleaning standard that is put into your room and entire house) it was the owners. Pete and Phill will truly make you feel at home as they are the kindest couple you may ever meet and good humor. For my wife and I they almost felt like the best parents you always would have wanted or extremely close friends you could ask for anything and get. I pray that anyone looking to stay at Country Villa will know how amazing your time will be and not forget it's what you make of it for anyone having doubts.
Looking forward to an anniversary stay in the future cause it was that unforgettable!

Best wishes,
John n Heather
P.S ask for any of their peach dishes or belini you won't regret it!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

WOW!!! How sweet of you to say all those wonderful things. :) We love running a B&B because we love people. That's why we started having weddings here! Our couples are the best and we feel like they are our kids by the time they leave. We are blessed!
We can't wait to see you again. Stop by to see us if you are in the area. Come when peaches are in season again, so we can make peach dumplings, peach crepes and a peach bellini! Thanks again for the fun time we had with you too.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Petie and Phil's commitment to customer satisfaction is remarkable. With 24 hours notice that my military spouse was able to come home for a very brief visit, I contacted several b&b's. After speaking with Petie, there was no need to look further. She was pleasant, enthusiastic, and flexible. Her attention to detail is impeccable. Within two hours she had confirmed the room, couples massage, detailed breakfast menu, even the type of cookies and wine at check in. There were even balloons and a personalized card, since this brief visit was close to birthdays. Breakfast was fresh and delicious, and served with a smile. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

This is something Phil and I love doing and we are blessed to have guests that are so sweet and special. Don't know how we luck out!
We really appreciate your wonderful review and hope you come back again. Remember, our return guests always get a great discount. We love return guests!!!
Glad you had a good time and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Petie :)

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My husband and I were married at Country Villa Bed and Breakfast on February 11th, 2017. We could not have had a more lovely time! From the first phone call to the final sendoff, the entire experience was perfect. Petie and Phil put their entire hearts into this B&B, and it is apparent in everything they do.

First of all, I called Ms. Petie in a panic because I hadn't seen any other places in Virginia Beach so stunning, so romantic, and with such character. I knew it was going to be Valentine's Day weekend coming up and was so afraid that someone would have booked it first. When Petie took my call and I explained to her my situation (short-notice bump-up of wedding plans between two military members) she was SO incredibly kind and accommodating. Luckily, no one had booked it yet and she was so patient with me while my husband and I were trying to get all of our planning together.

The outdoor area where our wedding was is simply gorgeous. There is a covered pavilion which has lights, tables, seating, and shutters, though we didn't end up using them as much. There are lights strung up for nighttime events, though our wedding celebration didn't span that long. The lattice altar is elegant, natural, and charming, and there is a little foresty area off to the side where there are great photo opportunities. Petie and Phil helped us with event insurance, getting set up, getting everyone parked and welcomed, and helping us break down afterward. We were SO taken care of during a time that would have been otherwise incredibly stressful!!

For the room itself.....Oh my gosh. "Opulent" doesn't do it justice. It is a lovers' paradise. The bed was plush and lovely. The decor was all chosen with love and a sense of home and adventure. The bathroom was like a palace with its stone accents and jacuzzi tub. We felt like we had vacationed in Europe for our honeymoon, for MUCH less money!

Petie and Phil treated us to two amazing mornings of the most divine breakfasts -- in COURSES! First a fresh fruit course of our choice, then the main dish (they made us crab omelettes and crepes!! CREPES, GUYS!!), and a little bit of dessert. Dessert...for breakfast?! CRAB, even, for breakfast? Oh my goodness. So delectable. They go shopping the night before for the freshest ingredients and ask you what you would like, and when you would like breakfast. (They were incredibly kind to us after we slept in too late the first morning, and kept the food warm for us) Elegantly served, freshly and lovingly prepared.

We also did the couple's massage, which Ms. Petie was able to arrange for us on short notice, which we greatly appreciate.
There is a hot tub outside that can be lit with surrounding torches for evening enjoyment. There is a pool that was a bit too chilly to enjoy yet, but the surrounding area looked very relaxing.
The room itself even has a fireplace!
The common area is built and decorated with just as much love and character as the rooms. Wherever you look, there is something beautiful and homey to see and add to the feeling of being somewhere truly magical.....made just for you!! (Having only two rooms in this bed and breakfast seems to allow Petie and Phil to focus their hospitality perfectly on one or two couples. We were lucky enough to be the only couple there at the time, so we were SO spoiled!!!)

The atmosphere of the building and grounds as a whole....there isn't a more perfect balance of "exquisite" and "home" than this. That was exactly what we wanted for our wedding and a few days of honeymoon...a completely romantic escape. For the price point of both the wedding ceremony and the room reservation itself...for the tangible decorations and amenities and for the intangible wonder you feel at being in this place...you're not going to find a better value. The attention Petie and Phil pay not only to every detail of the room, the facility, the meals, but to you as a guest....out of this world. Completely out of this world.

Please do yourself a favor and spend time here either getting married or spending time with your love. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you so so much for the sweet words and the amazing review. As you may have figured, we have as much fun providing weddings and running a B&B, as our guests enjoy being here.
You are such an adorable couple and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of helping you put your special day together. It was like a fairy tale for us too!
We can't wait for you to come back to see us and we wish you only the best. Maybe you can come back for your anniversaries, like many of our wedding couples do.
Best of luck and so much happiness to you both.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We had a wonderful stay at Petie and Phil's BnB. They took care of us like their own family, the most warm hearted folks. From food to accommodation, everything was perfect. They both are amazing cooks. They made sure to ask for our preferences in food and fruits in advance. We had the most sumptuous breakfast two days we stayed here. The most delicious eggs benedict, crepes and Phil's special apple dumplings made our stay even more special. This will be our go to place in VA beach going forward.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nitinarcher
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

We can't thank you enough for the sweet words. We're very glad you had a good time and we really can't wait to see you again. Great conversation, lots of laughs and we really enjoyed seeing pictures of your wedding in India.
You are beautiful people inside and out and the days you were here were fun for us too!
Glad you liked the food! :)

Reviewed 15 October 2016

I thought Country Inn was one of the best B&Bs on our trip since the bedroom was very large and the common areas were large as well with a great outdoors area. It was extremely clean and well decorated in an Italian style. But under the category of you get what you pay for, it was also the priciest. Petie and Phil were great hosts making custom breakfasts for us that were delicious, they supplied wine and looked after our every need. We even used the pool and the hot tub though the weather was bit cool. We very much enjoyed our stay there. The only downside was we stayed in the room (forget the name) that is in the front of the house and Indian River Road is a somewhat busy street and we could hear the traffic from our room. However traffic really died down in the evening but if you are a person who likes to sleep in you the noise picked up around 7 AM.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Hey Bernard,
We really enjoyed you both and are really sorry you experienced noise in the Emily room.
We are in the country and most of the time it is very quiet, as you said, but sometimes the "country boys" with their huge trucks, that are built to "growl" when they hit the gas, do come by on their way to school. We ask our guests all the time, if they were bothered by noise and traffic and they say no. I didn't check the clips on the windows before your check-in to make sure both on the Anderson windows were clipped down tightly. After you left, and I was turning over the room myself, I did notice the window off the foot of the bed did not have the upper clip pushed down, so there was a crack where noise could come in. I thought you may have opened it at some time, but I must have not closed it. I'm sorry the noise was able to get in. My apologies!
We offer many extras as long as we can throughout the year, like the pool, fire pit and hot tub, and the expense to maintenance it all is very costly. Our customized 3 course, gourmet breakfast is our specialty and we try to go out of our way to make sure we serve each one of our guests exactly what they want in their 3 course meal, including mimosas with breakfast and bottles of wine in the room upon arrival.
We appreciate the wonderful, kind words about our Inn and us. Remember, our guests ALWAYS get a discount of $40 off per night when they return! Thanks again... Petie and Phil