“Worst motel I've ever been to.”
Review of Blue Coral Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Coral Motel
Ranked #108 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2016

If you have allergies or like to breath do not stay here. The entire room had a terrible old smell in it, I have no idea what it was but I woke up with mucus draining from my eyes as well as a stuffy nose. Even had the air been breathable the bed made it impossible to really get any rest. I got about 5 hours of sleep but woke up at least 5 times in those five hours, eventually I just gave up trying and was glad to get out of the room. The toilet was scary, I went to a mcdonalds and "borrowed" some seat covers to be able to feel okay about using it. Just stay elsewhere. Save yourself the trouble. But if you INSIST on trying this place out only book for ONE night. At least that way you wont have to suffer for more than one night. I'm glad I stayed elsewhere for the first 3 days of my trip. Had I booked this place for 4 nights instead of the 1, I don't think I would have survived. Honestly the smell was horrific.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Candis C
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

I don't care if you have to drive an hour out of your way. Please do yourself a favor and don't bother thinking about this motel. It is so old and gross. We came to the beach a day early.....needed a place to stay. Should have known something was up when this was the only place available for the next 25 miles. I paid 160 for one night. We are sleeping in our clothes because we didn't want to bring our stuff in. I cried putting my kids to bed. I would have rather slept in my van. No clock, fridge didn't work, mold in ice tray, running water was colored, smaller TV ever. Worst part.........our door didn't close all the way right and the only lock is a chain. The owner/manager does not speak English. I can't wait to get to our hotel we booked months ago and start our vacation in a few hours :(

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family