“great food and atmosphere”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #34 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 14 September 2017

the food is great!
Quick service by friendly people.
Be there at 1200 .... all stops and the national anthem is played, all stand, very patriotic.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our family of 8 stopped in at this great BBQ joint near Town Center Virginia Beach. Loved the extensive menu and options. The large picnic style benches are great seating for large groups. The food was awesome and the service was great. The house manager walked around and offered her services for trash removal, tray removal or anything else a dinner guest might need help with. Lastly, it was a wonderful surprise to see the first responder memorabilia decorating the walls! A nice and patriotic touch. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Mission BBQ never fails me. My husband and I have eaten here plenty of times, and each time we have the same wonderful experience. The staff is always friendly and patient. They take very good care of the restaurant. There is always someone cleaning up. The food is very tasty and filling. We will definitely be returning again and again and again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We had a full day off and were staying at the Westin. I did my search of the immediate area and Mission BBQ jumped off of the map with it's very high ratings. Boy do they deserve them.
I walked in and the restaurant was very busy. That is a good sign.
I ordered a turkey platter with 2 sides. I got fries and mac and cheese. Both great choices.
I grabbed an iced tea which was good.
My food came out within a few minutes and the food was blazing hot. That is important to me.
They had cans of Old Bay seasoning so I loaded my fries up with some. So good.
The french fries were great.
Turkey was great.
I liked that they had 6 choices of BBQ sauce on the table. I tasted all of them and chose which one I liked. They all seemed to be very heavily mustard based which is not my favorite. So be it. I ended up with a good one. That is not always the case.
I started eating the mac and cheese a few minutes in and it was still very hot. Super tasty as well.
The only thing that wasn't my favorite was the cornbread. It was pretty dry. I looked for some honey to put on it to no avail.
One of the girl servers checked on me and was super pleasant.
The cashier who took my order was very efficient and professional. I love it when there is a nice process in place.
My whole meal, all in, was under $13. I would eat here every single day given the opportunity.
A very well run business. It is nice to go to a business where everything is done right and thought out well.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

While visiting family in Virginia Beach, we stopped for lunch at Mission BBQ. I have been to the one in Jacksonville, Florida several times but they had never been to one.

Everybody keep talking about how good it was which I already knew. If you have never been to one, definitely go and take a few minutes to look at all the pictures on the walls.