“Great food in a wonderful setting”

DOC Taylor's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Have a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary while you wait for your table and then order up one of the Doc's specials! I went for the biscuits & gravy and wasn't disappointed. Shout out to Amber for her great service!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife and I ate Lunch twice at Doc Taylors and the food was Great with Excellent prices...Service was top notch....What a Gem...will be going back when we visit Virginia Beach again.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Our group of five had a very good breakfast at Doc Taylor's. We tried a wide variety of foods and everyone enjoyed their pick. My creamed chipped beef gravy was quite good. Also you cannot beat their drink specials like a $2.50 Bloody Mary, screwdriver, or mimosa. I would definitely have breakfast here again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This a real hidden gem. Stopped for lunch and wasn't sure were to go in. Found the door and were treated by a friendly staff. Ordered a gyro and a turkey Rueben. Both sandwiches were very good. My wife loves turkey ruebens or Rachel's as some call them. She said it could be the best she's had. I had a gyro and it was very good, tons of meat and veg. Fries were crinkle cut and very good. I think it was us and a bunch of locals. Skip the tourist holes and try the little spots.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We have lived in Hampton Roads since 1981, and unless you are looking for a total pig pile for breakfast , you won't do any better than Doc's. I have never, ever been disappointed by a meal or the service there. Note to out of towners: Virginia ham (as in Smithfield) is salty. Ask before ordering if you are not used to it. The wait can be long if you don't get there early on Sunday morning, but you can always pass the time next door in the bar with a soda, water or an adult beverage. We love the place and will drive in from 45 minutes away without thinking twice. Prices are reasonable as are portions - I usually leave stuffed, but then again I don't have the appetite I did at 25. It might not be right for everybody - but that is part of the charm of the place. I most heartily recommend Doc's for breakfast. I have yet to be disappointed with anything on their menu.