“Casual lunch with good variety ”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,465 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I had the fried chicken tacos. They were good but just good. The Mac and cheese side however was awesome!! Service was great.

Tupelo H, General Manager at Tupelo Honey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Menu had plenty of options for adults and children. Food was cooked correctly, hot, and portions were large. excellent meals for the price. Would eat there again.

Tupelo H, General Manager at Tupelo Honey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Must be variability in the quality of the service based upon our experience and the other reviews. This was our first visit. I went to try the "milk gravy" and fried chicken. The chicken was fine but the gravy was more brown and not as "milky" as I had hoped. The salad was tasty and my husband said that his burger was fine. The service was a problem. Though the server did work to get me the fried chicken when it was not on the menu that day, he ignored us to the point my husband did not have a drink during the time he ate his burger. The manager did intervene once aware of the problem, getting my husband his drink, though unfortunately after his burger was eaten and appropriately did not charge for the drink. The cafe was very busy so that may be one factor with the service, but the server spent a lot of time talking leisurely to a couple at another table with his back to us. Not sure if they may have been friends of his who were visiting the cafe. We will probably not return.

Tupelo H, General Manager at Tupelo Honey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

We pride ourselves on serving full flavor southern food with a twist and providing southern hospitality to all our tables. It is clear to me that we did not live up to our standards during your visit. Can you please email me at r.bowen@tupelohoneycafe.com with your contact information? I'd love to make this right with you!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Third time at Tupelo and, once again, had a very good experience for lunch.

The menu offers variety for anyone and the service is always spot on. This time was no different as William took very good care of us.

A must have are the biscuits they serve prior to the meal!

Don't miss this place when you're in the Town Center of VB.

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed the food, ambiance and William's service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope we see you again soon for a fourth visit!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We were celebrating a birthday so some arrived early for happy hour at the bar. Service there was great since we were the only ones on a Monday night. Sangria is delicious but even at the happy hour price of $5 I was expecting a bigger glass with less ice.

Even though I made the reservation online the night before, I received a phone call asking to confirm my reservation. Thought that was odd but it did give me the opportunity to change our request to an outdoor table. Fabio on the phone was very cordial and helpful and his enthusiasm was contagious. Unfortunately, he didn't share our outdoor request with the hostess so when we were ready to go to our table she was surprised and had us wait a short time to make the change.

We were promptly greeted by Christian who took very good care of us. She brought out toasty warm biscuits with delicious jam and honey. We were all mostly pleased with our dinner choices - scallops, burger, sandwiches and salads. The mac and cheese was disappointing as was the flat bread. The brussel sprouts came out lukewarm but Christian quickly fixed it with a fresh hot order. The salads were large and the burgers were good.

The outdoor patio is lovely and quiet and the food was enjoyable. Would love to come back to try the brunch.