“The Impossible becomes possible”
Review of Stoleys

Stoleys
Ranked #396 of 1,565 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have been on a mission since giving up meat, to try the burger that carnivores say is just not possible. Stoley's in Virginia Beach has taken up the challenge and is presenting the public with the "impossible."
I had never heard of Stoley's, until just recently. After finding out that this was the only place in the area that was serving up the Impossible burger, I decided to give this place a try.
It is a very small establishment. It is more bar than tables or booths. The booths are all wood and do not have padding on them. I believe they refer to this venue as more of a cocktail bar than restaurant, but I do not drink alcohol, so this is certainly not in my circle of eateries. Everyone sitting at the bar seemed to be having a good time and it was not overly loud. I held decent conversation with my party in an almost full environment.
It was a little confusing when entering as to where to sit, but you basically find a place and take seat. The young lady that waited on us was very friendly and answered any and all questions. She was very attentive to our needs throughout the dining experience.
The menu had many options from tacos to burgers, but as I mentioned I came with one goal in mind. The Impossible burger did not disappoint. The french fries are house cut and were seasoned almost perfectly. My brother had the onion rings and said they were very good. The burger has a special sauce, but I got it on the side. It is reminded me of the Bloomin' Onion sauce.
I finished off the night with a cinnamon sugar doughnut with Vanilla ice-cream. It was very good. My only gripe with the food is that the hamburger buns are a tad on the sweet side.
I would highly recommend giving this place a try. I will be returning to try other things, but this trip was a win.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I almost don't want to share this place by reviewing, but Stoley's deserves some high-fives. We go there for a super casual, not-too-expensive dinner night for just the two of us. The seafood specials are excellent and their fish tacos are a good size and delicious. Sitting at the bar is great fun in this small spot. Martinis are a must, especially the flavored ones. This very good food doesn't match the plain interior. When you open the door and see what you think is a bar, keep going inside and you'll be rewarded.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I have nothing but positive things to say about Stoley's. It's a cute bar/restaurant I found on Google while planning a trip to VA beach with my sister & aunt for my aunt's 50th birthday. Going solely based on their positive reviews we decided to try it. We walked in (my aunt wearing a birthday sash) & immediately they break out in cheers & the happy birthday song. Patrons, bartenders the cooks literally everyone. It was great! Like we were on an episode of Cheers! We were seated immediately & welcomed/greeted by everyone in the bar. The bartender made us all a surprise birthday shot with sprinkles on the rim of the glass (on the house). Everyone was friendly & talkative. Now onto the food...A1! Honestly you can't go wrong with anything on the menu! The martinis & sangria were awesome as well. Prices are great & they definitely don't cheat you on the liquor lol We were all very satisfied with our meals. Our waiter also offered recommendations as well being that it was our first time there. We even stayed after their official closing time to finish our drinks & they never once tried to rush us out. You can definitely tell this is one of those small, local establishments with loyal, repeat & even regular visitors. With a welcoming environment + good food + great people + amazing service + awesome drinks, why wouldn't you keep coming back?! 5 stars for Stoley's..I would totally recommend to a friend. & if i ever find myself back in VA beach, I will definitely being going here again!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The food is great had the Cheesesteake sub was great by all accounts and the staff was friendly and accomadating! Will eat here again!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I heard about Stoleys great reputation so recently stopped in for a drink and some appetizers. Prices were high ($8 for Angeline wine glass) for happy hour and service acted they could care less we were there. What gives?