“Lunch ”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Margie and Ray’s Restaurant was established in 1964 as a small country store and tackle shop which was owned and operated by Ray and Margie Blanton. This landmark building located on a dirt road, now known as Sandbridge Road, served as a convenience for local Sandbridge residents. The store was passed on to their son Thomas in 1997 where it was renovated into a small seafood restaurant. Over the past several years Margie and Ray’s has become known as one of the top seafood establishments in the southern end of Virginia Beach. It continues to be operated by Thomas Blanton.
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We drove from VA Beach area to eat lunch here due to reviews. The drive was ~20 minutes and had some traffic. We enjoyed our lunch. I had grilled rockfish which was seasoned nicely. My husband had catfish that he enjoyed. The atmosphere and service was low key. It was a nice country cafe.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I went to Margie and Ray's for dinner on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. I almost always have the scallops at seafood restaurants, and I had the broiled scallops here. I cannot recall having better. They were large, fresh and tasty, and there were plenty of them. Our waitress, Deanna, did a fantastic job. And it was good value for the money. This is one of the best places I've experienced in the VA Beach area, and I'm a regular summer visitor. Try it!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We decided to try Margie and Ray's out on our last night at the beach. We heard good reviews from friends, so we wanted to give it a try. We were told that the She Crab soup was some of the best around. Six people out of our group of 16 got it and were disappointed. It was ok, but not great. The Stuffed Flounder was dry. However, my husband got ribs, which he loved, and my kids got the crab legs and they loved those. Our waitress was very nice and the hostess was great. She accommodated our large group in less than an hour. If you are looking for a quiet place though, this is not the spot for you. It is very loud and noisy in the dining area. We had to talk very loudly to people across the table from us so that they could hear us. Overall, not a bad place, but not sure I will need to return.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Margie and Ray's is our first night at the beach tradition for 20 years! The she crab soup is legendary and the hush puppies are fantastic. We've had had all sorts of entrees over the years and everything has been great. The servers are fun and attentive. No draft beer but many bottles, wine, mixed drinks, etc. This is a Sandbridge MUST!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Being locals, this is always our go to place for out of town guests who want great seafood. Also our place for big celebrations. Can't go wrong with the Tidal Wave. We don't eat for about 2 days before and 2 days after.