“Great food and hospitality”
Review of Mojito Cafe

Mojito Cafe
Ranked #27 of 1,464 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Looking for something unique, local and friendly, well I have to say we were fortunate to find the Mojito Cafe. A few blocks from the ocean in north Virginia Beach, it is a small cafe and even smaller bar but it adds to the charm and you feel like you belong here with all your friends. Food is a mixture of Caribbean, Spanish, maybe even a little Portuguese. Fresh, fresh, fresh...the variety is wonderful with daily specials on the blackboard. And don’t forget the drink specials including mojitos! A great place to eat away from the big touristy seafood place. Wait did I say the staff is great. They are! And the prices are good.

2  Thank Tom D

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Most people think of surf-n-turf as the cuisine typical to Virginia Beach (and they're right!), but this Puerto Rican cafe' is a nice break. Service is quick and friendly. I had the Cubanno sandwich which was great (it came with a sweet mustard and I prefer Dijon, but that's just my taste). The Mofongo is EXCELLENT, though I recommend breath mints afterward as the chefs at Mojitos love garlic as much as I do! If you are looking for a straightforward Puerto Rican / Latin meal cooked well--Mojitos is a great choice.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This tiny cafe is the spot to go for great Spanish food. Who would’ve thought you’d find an establishment like this in Virginia Beach?
The place is tiny, but the staff did a good job of rotating people in and out.
I had the Ropa Vieja; Cuban pulled beef so moist and flavorful, on a bed of rice with a veggie. The rice was a little dry but not enough to complain or not eat it. My sister had Pernil y Arroz, roast pork with yellow rice and a veggie. She loved her dish, also.
I had a mojito, which was delicious and we had the famous bread pudding for dessert. Based on previous reviews I had to try it; warm bread pudding covered with caramel sauce and served with a side of vanilla ice cream. The bread pudding wasn’t on their menu board so I asked if they still had it and was so glad I did!!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had the Cubanos, the Veggie Wrap, Tostones, Maduros, Rice & Beans, and Chocolate Mousse Cake. All the food seemed very fresh. Fresh roasted pork, nice slices of ham, and nicely cooked plantains. Dessert was also very good. Party of 3 with a bill of less than $40.00. Small dining room seating area, so it can get loud and filled up quickly.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Overall not very impressed with Mojito Cafe. The mojitos were weak and both entrees were undercooked. Asked for steak medium well and it was more like medium rare. The black beans tasted like they were from a can. After reading great reviews I had higher expectations. The food was decent and edible but just mediocre.