“Amazing hidden gem!”
Review of Coastal Spice

Coastal Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Coastal Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Visited Coastal Spice for dinner tonight after eating takeout there previously. Not only was the food amazing, but the service and the presentation were excellent! Tuesday's they do happy hour specials all day so the apps were all $2 off. We ordered tandoori chicken wings and samosas which were delicious and so full of flavor! For dinner, I ordered the chicken tikka and my fiancé ordered the malabari chicken curry along with garlic na'an and chicken biryani. Everything was exceptional!! The chicken biryani was served in a copper bowl covered with na'an bread. The server had to cut into the na'an to serve the piping hot biryani. I've eaten at a five star Indian restaurant in Dubai whose chef is a Michelin star rated chef and found this restaurant to be equally amazing! I seriously HIGHLY recommend checking this place out!! It's located in Fairfield Shopping center tucked in between AJ Gators and Frankie's Place for ribs. You will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Our family has been in love with Indian cuisine and culture for years. We were so pleased when we began patronizing this little gem of a restaurant. Everything about it is different and fresh. The quality of the food is top notch! When I recommend this place,I always tell people to try the lunch or weekend buffet, which is very good. Many great items to choose from, a soup, a fresh salad and at least two desserts. The Palak Chaat is one of my favorite appetizers, it is so addictive. I will warn you: there is a fitness studio next door,so you might hear some booming bass,but it is not all the time and did not detract from my enjoyment of the food. This has become our "go-to" place for Indian. If you like drinks,try the Tamarind Margarita. It's very unusual and refreshing!

1  Thank Scott Merri A
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We have been to this restaurant several times and are amazed at how great everything tastes. The restaurant itself is decorated very modern and relaxing. The waiter explains the choices and leads us to try something new every time. From the cocktails, to the appetizers to the entrees, we have never been disappointed. This restaurant is not near us, but it has become a regular choice for us now.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I liked the authentic taste of the Chicken biryani, Paneer tikka masala, garlic naan, tamarind eggplant and samosa. Samosas when served are hot inside so watch out before sinking your teeth in it and don't get burnt like I did, ha ha...

Reviewed 13 July 2016

My husband and I proud ourselves on being untrained connoisseurs of Indian food, having traveled the globe and eaten in some pretty amazing Indian restaurants and Coastal Spice is one of our new favorites. The chicken tikka was incredibly tender. The butter chicken was likewise tender; it could have been seasoned a little more but otherwise was great. The prices are comparable to most Indian restaurants in Hampton Roads. We’d happily return to eat again. I can’t wait to try the buffet.