Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews island suite family chalet sea life course dinner laid back spent nights paradise island private beach other islands reef team huts diving jungle adam nature resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Accomodation, is basic but extremely clean, However the lack of lockable door and windows freaked me out a little when I was sleeping, but it is the true beach hut on the beach experience. All of the staff were helpful, and went out of their way to get to know you. I was blown away by the food in the evening, four course dinner each night and so tasty (especially the salad dressing!) Thanks to all at Rimba. I really hope this place never changes!

Date of stay: February 2013
2  Thank meesht1983
Reviewed 20 February 2013

It took me a while to write this short review (we stayed there for 3 nights back in August last year) - but Carly and the team were absolutely awesome and they, in addition to the amazing reef and sunsets, made for a brilliant island holiday. The accomodation was basic but very comfortable, the mozzies weren't anything different to a Singapore beach of an evening, and the play area near the bar was a very chill place to play with a couple of 3 year olds (my daughter still wants a wooden train set!).

The main reason I'm writing this is because I told Carly I'd write my first tripadvisor review after staying there .. and I'm about to book to go back, so have to keep my promise, albeit belated.

Seriously though, I recommend Rimba as a place to get away from Singapore - just book those weekends I want to be there :-)

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The food was five-star gourmet! They take requests and can even kindly make up a PB&J sandwich if some little one decides afterwards that they don't want to eat what was served. The staff was extremely accommodating. Several of our friends have gone back several times...we will be one of them, also. Great relaxing get-away in the middle of nowhere.

Room tip: The family chalet with two bedrooms are the only ones with hot shower water. No A/C in any of them.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah_says_so
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I have been to Rimba 4 or 5 times now and am always blown away by it. It is great if you live in Singapore because you can be sipping a drink on the beach within 3.5hours of leaving SG (as long as customs is not too busy), which makes it a lot more attractive in travel terms than the other islands like Tioman, further north.

The accomodation is Kenyan style huts with palm frond roofs, nice comfortable beds, well maintained mosquito nets, big shower rooms and lovely patios to sit and watch the sea from. To be honest though you probably wont spend much time in the rooms.

There are a couple of hammocks at different point son the ebach to snooze the day away, a great house reef for snorkleing or doing a shore dive. The dive school is well equipped and the instructors are experienced and calm, while also having a good laugh the whole time.

The beach at Rimba can be a little rocky in parts, so if you fancy a more sandy swimming beach (but no reef) you can do the 15 min walk through the jungle to another beach on the island, the walk is great and so is the beach.

I have usually spent the majority of my time at the bar or lazing on the patio in front of it. It is without a doubt one of the funniest most relaxed bars I know (and I know a few!).

The other imprtant thing to note is that the food is fantastic, every meal throughout the day is different, tasty and filling and the saturday BBQ is just amazing.

So highly recommend this resort and hope to see you there!

P.S. since I was last there they have apprently added a spa as well.

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank malcolm b
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Absolutely fantastic place to stay for a weekend away in paradise. The resort is basic but of the highest standard in every way from the beach hut style accommodation to the super friendly staff who never forgot our names or which hut we were staying in, to the island itself which is heavenly. I have never stayed somewhere where I have felt so welcome. The team who run Rimba are faultless. Transfers and taxis are arranged by the Rimba team which makes the trip from Singapore hassle free and easy compared with other island getaways from Malaysia that I have experienced. This is the perfect place to come to relax, chill out and have fun...

Date of stay: September 2012