“Old and out dated hotel”

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We were taken to two different rooms, they both had the smell of stale cigarette smoke. They both were supposed to be non smoking rooms. The heating and air did not work. There was no refridgerator in the room that we ended up with, no trash can and a shortage of bath towels. The free breakfast was not up to standards. Also, the maintenance person was mowing grass at 8:30 p.m. Also the hair dryer did not work, no bolt locks on the door. Bottom line the hotel is is in need of repair. The price I paid for the service I received was redundant. If I could have found another hotel with such short notice without a reservation, I would have left.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Papasmurf2016

Reviewed 16 April 2016

My stay here was great. The rooms were nicely clean and very well maintained. The staff was friendly and always greeted me when i came in and left out. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the Williamsburg area.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2016

staff very friendly.I took the family for a getaway to relax and shop.The pool was great for the kids and hot-tub better for me, which was nice and warm. The breakfast was enough to start the day off .

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank gloria p
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

After traveling over 6 hours with my 8 year old he couldn't wait to get in the pool. We however didn't spend much time in the pool because it was dirty. The water was cloudy and was in serious need of chlorine. I felt bad that I had promised my son that he would be able to swim for a few hours and I didn't even want to get in the water. They did have a rack justly outside of the pool area that had a couple towels on it for use in the pool area.

The hot tub was even dirtier! I refused to get in it even after the long drive. Plus it only has working jets on one side.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ericka G
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I booked this hotel at the last minute the weekend of Easter. I wanted a hotel that had an indoor pool for my kids and a free continental breakfast. My options were very limited as it was last minute so I went ahead and gave this hotel a chance even though some of the reviews I read were very bad…

We arrived a little after 4pm, check in time is 3pm. The lady at the front desk (she was very nice) said that there were no clean rooms at the moment and that they were swamped. Ok, no big deal. I gave the lady my phone number and asked that she please call me once it was ready and in the meantime we went and grabbed dinner. We finished dinner and I never received a call. We headed back to the hotel anyways. Once we got there they did have our room ready.
I was very nervous about what room we would get as I had read bad reviews on the outer building in the back. Of course, we got one of those rooms. When entering the room it smelt very heavily of cigarette smoke despite them saying it was a non-smoking room. The room was very small and everything was extremely outdated. The lighting was terrible and one of the two lamps didn’t work. Once I entered the bathroom and found dark hair all over the floor and bathtub I went back to the lobby to request a different room. A gentleman was at the front desk at this point and I assume he was some sort of manager. Thankfully, with no hassle or questions asked he moved us to a different room quickly…in the main building also. When I was requesting the room change there was another couple who also checked in and had a room in the outer building and I heard them also complaining that their room was not clean. The new room we received was better. Again, very outdated but seemed a little bigger and cleaner. It suited our needs as we were only staying for two nights and were not going to be in the room but to shower and sleep. Also, the walls are very thin because at night when we all were trying to sleep there was constant door slamming, people talking and dog barking.

The pool area was just OK. The pool water was very warm which was nice since it was chilly outside (March). It needed a good cleaning however. The ground/floor surrounding the pool was dirty. Clumps of hair and wet/old food and gum in some areas. I even spotted hair floating in the pool. Only one side of the hot tub had jets that worked or turned on. They also did not provide towels. Luckily I had bathing suit cover-ups on my kids so they were able to throw those on to get back to the room. Overall my kids enjoyed swimming so I cannot complain too much.

The breakfast was also just OK. Very simple with eggs, sausage, toast, bagels and muffins. Nothing fancy but that is all we really needed. It did get crowded later on and the area to sit and eat at is very small. Thankfully we got down there early and avoided the crowd.

Biggest pro if any, VERY close to Busch Gardens!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family