Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$75
US$65
Travelocity
All reviewswaffleschristmas townbush gardenscolonial williamsburgbusch
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I tried really hard to not be picky and just roll with it. So many awful things. But the last few straws (that made us check-out ) were: 1. Pillows on beds lacked pillow cases and were scattered about (i.e. they hadn't finished making the bed). I notified management. TWO hours later they still had not brought us pillowcases. 2. mold in shower. 3. long black hairs in the shower and IN the bed. I can't stand to give it even 1 star. It was awful. Breakfast was disgusting.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ckatecarter
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Everything about this hotel was excellent from the clean rooms to the polite employees. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms were cleaned great and the beds were made perfectly. It wasn't that far from Busch Gardens so that helped a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for Derek and he'll always make sure your satisfied
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I made reservations for 1 night as an extra night in Williamsburg, until our timeshare reservations the following night. We found this on the Choice Hotels site so we could use our points, and verified it's comfort & cleanliness on TripAdvisor, before making the reservations. WOW!!!! It was awful!! As soon as we walked in to check in, the smell of the chlorine from the indoor pool made us feel lightheaded. Just looking around the microscopic lobby and breakfast area began to make us worry, "What have we done?" Because it's a holiday weekend, around 6:45 pm, and we only needed a clean place to lay our heads, we thought we'd stay since we probably wouldn't find anything else that night.
When pulled around to the back of the hotel to where our room was, it almost felt like a street carnival with people outside milling around, kids running and yelling from the outside walkways, cars pulling in and out around us...We just thought, "It's still early in the evening, it'll settle down." As we grabbed our bags and climbed the stairs to our floor, we began noticing how poorly maintained it was. But again, we just needed a clean place to lay our heads down. When we opened our room door, the smell that hit us in the face made us all sick. I couldn't believe it. About the only thing that looked like the pictures online were the colors of the walls and the fake headboards glued to the walls. The carpet was filthy, the sheets looked filthy, the bathrooms were gross, and the "suite" room didn't even have a light to see anything.
I checked out the room and turned around and went to the desk to complain and check out. The man at the desk was very polite and apologetic and didn't give me any problems about leaving, but I made it VERY clear that we were not happy and this was not what was advertised. I did call the Choice Hotels company and complain as well. WOW, is all I can say. My daughter and I both have asthma, and there is NO WAY we would have made it through the night breathing in that nastiness. This is pet friendly hotel, but our room was supposed to be "pet free." I wouldn't even let my dog stay here.

Room Tip: Find someplace else.
Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Luvdabeach72
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Pro: (1) we didn't bring home bedbugs
(2) no one broke in to our room

Con: everything else

The pictures on the website did not accurately represent the room/hotel. I was not expecting the Ritz Carlton but was shocked that it was recommended by Busch Gardens.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank iwasat62
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We had a problem with a reservation at another facility and wanted one more evening in Williamsburg. We found a very low price room for one night on a Monday evening. This is not a new facility and shows some wear, but it was clean, the bed was good, the fellow at reception very helpful, and the location relative to Colonial Williamsburg is excellent - an easy walk. It is also close to other restaurants and services. The continental breakfast is limited, but adequate. It is close to a railroad track, but we never heard the train once in the room. There was noise down the hall, but once in the room, we did not notice it. If returning to this area and wanting inexpensive lodging, we would return.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple