All reviewshi expressfree breakfastbusch gardensbreakfast baryogurtrichmond roadup to datevery nice hotelcomfortable roomhot breakfastfront desk staffthe entire staffbreakfast staffshort drivehistoric areaelevatormicrowave
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We visited on a 5 day vacation to the area and decided to stay here... We always had great experiences at holiday inns so why would this be any different... We paid around $150 a night which was a few dollars higher then other hotels in the area. We strongly believe you get what you pay for and thought this would be the case here... We were wrong.
The room was dirty the carpet had three large stains which looked like ketchup. The skirts to the beds looked as if it had grease stains on the corners and the other bed skirt had what looked like ketchup stains.
The shower curtain looked original.

7 years ago when we didn't have children I wouldn't have cared as much. But when you have two little girls playing on the floor with dolls it's a little upsetting. So we only stayed 3 nights and went to different hotel the last 2 nights...

I have to give credit to the general manager who I believe was the Theresa. She checked us in with a smile and was always pleasant. Also one morning she was working the breakfast area which honestly I never seen a hotel manager perform such tasks...

For seeing so many cleaning crew members this place should be spotless.....

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Nicetohaveabuck,

I'm sorry to hear that we did not provide you with a standard Holiday Inn Express experience. Please contact our General Manager, Teresa, at 757-941-1057 so we can make this right for you and our future guests.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Quick easy check in friendly receptionist. Large room could be cleaner lost an earring near bed and the dust and dirt was thick when I looked closer. Breakfast was included and for an express hotel was reasonable with good choice. I would have given the hotel a higher rating but when checked out was given a Nil balance receipt as we had booked the room last year and paid for with a travel company and on arriving at home we had been charged again for the room on our credit card this was the second Holiday Inn hotel this had happened and we now have the hassle of getting it refunded SO BEWARE They take money from your credit card by fraud.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Teresa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hi there BarbaraD58 - I am pleased to hear that your check in went smoothly and the front desk receptionist was friendly. I would like to talk to you in regards to the cleanliness of your room and the charge on your credit card. We definitely don't want any of our guests to have an issue with additional charges to their credit cards. At your earliest convenience can you please give me a call at the hotel 757-941-1057. -Thank you, Teresa S.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Spent the night at the HI Express on Richmond Road. The hotel seemed fairly new and was in great shape, clean, and up to date. It is right on Richmond Rd. in the middle of many restaurants that are walking distance if you prefer to park the car and leave it. The staff was friendly and helpful, free breakfast was fair to good and the room was large and quite nice.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank flashbridgewater
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear flashbridgewater,

Thank you for such an awesome review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the value of our hotel. Please come back and see us again the next time you're in the Williamsburg area!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Great friendly staff. A lot of room for breakfast, spacious hotel room, and plenty of parking. Walking distance to numerous restaurants. Dont forget to bring your bathing suit. Did not have any noise issue and got restful sleep.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit.
Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear ninalD1121NN,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. What a great tip to our future travelers to pack their swim suits! Please come back and see us again the next time you're in the area for business travel.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Booked this Holiday Inn Express for my group of high school students, a few staff, and a few parents.Worked with group sales several months in advance to assure our visit would go smooth. The booking process went very well and they were able to accommodate all of our needs. Every staff member was friendly and made sure to say "hello" and "hope you have a nice day." Rooms were clean. Pool area was clean. Lobby and breakfast are was clean. The breakfast foods had something for each member of my group including the picky eaters. The tv's in the lobby also helped for our small group gatherings in the evening. Yes, I/We would choose this hotel again. We had no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MLSuit3
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your group stay with us. Please come back and see us again the next time you're in the Williamsburg area!