“Another great visit.”
Review of Arepas Capitol

Arepas Capitol
Ranked #18 of 282 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Excellent visit with friends. It was their first trip there and they enjoyed it an will go back. They changed the style or something on the flan, it is more traditional now and more airy than before...still excellent caramel sauce!!.

1  Thank JamesKennedy_11

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Took some friends who never had Venezuelan food before. All 7 of us had a great time. Service is very friendly. All the food was great...AGAIN and the flan was better than the last time which Is always good!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I saw the great reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor, so I thought I'd try a new spot. And boy, was I happy I did!

The place was a bit hard to find, tucked away near a post office, BJs, and next to a DVD rental place (they still have those?!?). It's a small, non-descript spot that seems to be family run.

I haven't tried Venezuelan food before (though I'm familiar with Mexican, TexMex, New Mexican, Cuban, Spanish, tapas and Peruvian), so I asked the waitress what she recommended. I was a bit skeptical when she offered up the Pabellon (beans, cheese, beef- yum...but plantain??). I also ordered a chicken empanada to try a variety. The prices are great, so one can definitely get a few items and not break the bank.

Well...the empanada came out first. Piping hot and fresh, it was delicious. Not too greasy, yet crispy/soft with great chicken and spices inside. I tried it plain, and with the red and white sauces provided at the table- couldn't go wrong with any option, but I loved it with a mix of red and white (garlic). Next came the Pabellon. Oh. My. Word. When they talk about layers of flavor on fancy food shows, this must be what they are talking about. This was amazing. A crispy thin bun, soft and flavorful shredded beef, a great subtle bean/cheese mixture, and the plantain! I never thought of having a beef, bean, and banana sandwich (yes, I know it's not REALLY a banana- just a close cousin), but the touch of sweetness the plantain added was amazing. I've truly never had anything like his before.

And looking around, the place already had a group of loyal customers- the tables were rarely empty as new customers came in and out. Plates of meat and rice, arepas galore, and even what looked like an amazing paella that I noted I'll have to try someday.

It was tough not to come back for dinner (I was stuffed, having also ordered the tres leches and stuffing myself on this giant slice of cake), or come back again the next day, but I must pace myself!

I'd like to keep this place my little secret, but I doubt it will stay that way for long!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Got the referral from an Army buddy. I would not have noticed it in the Sam's Club mall. Nice folks, friendly reception, we tried carry out but will sitdown next time. Great empanadas and arepas.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

it's a small place but the food is superb. Seats about 20 or less. My wife and I, our daughter and son in law ate here recently. i had the Arepas carne Mechada $7.50, my wife had the Pepitos beef $8.99, we shared a cachapa corn pancakes with cheese and butter $8.99. My daughter had the carne mechada $3.50 and my son in law had the reina pepiada-chiken salad with avocado $7.00