“Excellent”

El Patio Mexican Grille
Ranked #15 of 61 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We are in. Virginia because of hurricane Irma. We were starving after traveling all day. As we both love Mexican food we went her. So cute, extremely clean, and very friendly. Food was amazing as they serve queso with the salsa. Omg and they have warm tortilla shells also. It's the best!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Had dinner as we stayed over on our way to NC. We liked it so much that stopped on our return home. Hot chips with both a salsa and a bean/cheese dip as soon as we were seated. The bean dip is a winner - does have a touch of spice. Had the Pollo Patio, Pollo Pastor, and Vegetarian Tacos. Portions are large.
Clean, good service, family owned. Prices seemed fair. Located in a little strip mall, hard to spot from the road.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We are from Texas where there are as many Mexican food places as there are BBQ joints. Been gone over 2 weeks and really needed our Mexican food "fix". El Patio fit the bill! Not much to look at from outside since it is in a strip center but walk inside and the atmosphere was great. Hot chips and great salsa were just the icing on the cake. Large menu with lots of combination options. As usual, I filled up on chips, salsa and the white cheese/bean dip they brought when we say down. Have a to go box with a whole another meal for me. Highly recommend if you are in the area and craving Mexican food.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Stopped here on our way to North Carolina. It is a good basic Mexican restaurant. Service was good. Food about average. Prices about right for what we had. Salsa that came with the chips was very good. Chips average.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Has been a while since i ate here and decided to take wife for her birthday today. First thing that I noticed was the price hikes across the board but it didn't matter because it was a special occasion. They brought bean dip and salsa to the table that was too salty to even eat. I ordered a chalupa entree and my wife a Burrito Mexicana. When my food arrived all it consisted of was a few beans, bland rice, and what appeared to be a tostada with a few beans, lettuce, and guac. Everything was bland and for quality, the dollar menu at the local taco fast food joint has a $1 tostada that tastes 100 time better than the food served today at El Patio Did not feel the I ordered was authenic Mexican cuisine and I feel that I could have opened a can of refried beans and it been the same. Will not patronize again nor would I recommend this establishment to anyone. Too many alternatives to pay for bland food at inflated prices.