“Good alternate to staying in Seattle”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 8 September 2015

My wife and I are frequent visitors to Seattle and this time we stayed at the Sheraton in Bellevue rather than downtown Seattle. Thought we would give it a try as the hotels in downtown Seattle were double the cost of staying in Bellevue at the Sheraton. We knew it wasn't a 5 star hotel when we booked, so we weren't expecting it to be. It turned out to be fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Easy access to the freeway to head to Seattle. The drive took us about 15 minutes, so not too bad. Hotel was a little older, but was functional and clean, so no complaints. And thumbs up for a shower head that actually worked well! (pet peeve is hotel shower heads that don't work) It was about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel to downtown Bellevue, just a good stroll on a nice day. There were a couple newer hotels closer to the downtown area but they were more $$. Felt for the savings we got and the easy access to the freeway, the Sheraton was a good choice. Suggest asking for a room NOT facing the freeway. We did and the room was fairly quiet, no road noise at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the freeway. We did and we couldn't hear any road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Julie G, Assistant General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Hello and thanks for staying with us! While we know we aren't the prettiest penny in the market, glad our hotel was able to satisfy your needs and expectations! Please come out again and reach out to me! I'd like to personally thank you on your next visit for such a wonderful review.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2015

The building doesn't live up to the standard I'd expect from Sheraton, though the furnishings etc in the rooms are very nice. Area is really nice and the personnel were good. Easy access to downtown Bellevue and Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Greetings and thank you for giving us a chance! First and foremost, thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our interior furnishings. I agree and we get this a lot from our guests that our building doesn't reflect the interior of our hotel. With the new buildings rising in Bellevue, we know that we aren't the shiniest penny in the market.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review for us. Hopefully, our service and interior designing would keep wanting you to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

My husband was having surgery and we didn't want to drive home in case we needed to see the surgeon for the first night post-op so I booked with Sheraton Bellevue and requested an early check-in and a room on the first for so that my husband wouldn't have to walk too far and take elevator up and down and a late check-out to let my husband recover a bit more before making the trek home. Well we ended up checking in late due to unforeseen reasons but when we arrived we were greeted by everyone at registration, our room was on the first floor literally 2 doors down the hallway from front desk and the room was clean and great and we were ok'd on the late check out.
When we came back after our appt, there was a message on our phone mail, it was a staff of front desk checking in on us and to see if the room was to our satisfaction and if there was anything we needed not to hesitate to call the desk. We have never had a courtesy call or message ever in all the hotels we have stayed in (and we have stayed in a lot for weekend get aways). It was refreshing to hear that message.
I would definitely book at this hotel again!
Great staff and service!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Julie G, Assistant General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Thank you for staying with us! One thing I am confident of is that we have a staff that cares and about our guests and their well-being. We wouldn't want anything less of that. I am happy that we were able to provide that experience on a very tough day for the post-op surgery.

I hope for a speedy recovery for your husband and please come out for another visit! Hopefully for a vacation the next time!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

From the minute I arrived, the staff was wonderful. My room wasn't ready, and they gave me a complimentary upgrade to club level and I only had to wait 5 minutes. The staff called upon checkin and before checkout to ensure everything was ok. The rooms were nice, modern and comfy.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Julie G, Assistant General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Thanks Laurie for the review! We know we have tough competition in Bellevue and our staff is definitely something we love to brag about.

We hope you enjoyed our Sheraton Club during your visit. Please reach out to me the next time and I will definitely look into possibly getting another upgrade for you as a thank you.:)

Reviewed 29 August 2015

I came out here for work recently and stayed at this hotel. I have platinum status with Starwood, but when I arrived I did not get the welcome gift, nor did I get any kind of upgrade even though this hotel had an executive floor and lounge which I thought was very strange. The next day, I tried to go to the executive lounge for breakfast and my key card did not work. I was in a rush so I did not talk to the front desk about it and did not get breakfast on my first day. In the evening when I came back from work I went to the front desk to inquire why I did not have access to the lounge and they took a look at my account and apparently it did not show me as having platinum status. I found out from the front desk if you book the hotel previously before you have the status the system does not refresh, What is up with that Starwood???? At this point the front desk made it so my key card worked with the executive lounge although I still missed out on any upgrades or welcome gifts that I would have gotten if the Starwood system was working properly.

I am not going to take this glaring error out on this hotels review since the problem is with Starwood, but it is something for other people to be aware of if you read this review.

Everything else with the hotel was great. My room was clean and newly renovated and the internet worked just fine for me. This was also a terrific gym for a hotel with a pretty big workout area. I ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was good and reasonably priced.

My only other complaint about this hotel is that in the executive lounge for the evening snacks they do not label any of the items. I do not eat pork and I had no idea if some of the items had pork in them. If someone from the hotel reads this then I recommend just putting something out describing the dish and its ingredients on a piece of paper like some other hotels I have been to do. They also had small sandwiches but I could not tell which ones were Turkey or which ones were Ham so I had to also avoid those as well. I did really enjoy the fruit that they provided in the lounge - very fresh and sweet.

Overall the hotel is nice and I would come back if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for your review! Great to hear that you enjoyed our refreshed look as well as our staff! Our Sheraton Fitness offers a wide variety of equipment to meet anyone's needs, glad it was of great service to you!

I am deeply sorry to hear about the mishap with our SPG status. It is definitely something we can work on and will of course work with our Front Desk team to have this prevented in the future. Also, thank you for your concerns with properly naming and labeling the ingredients of our Club Lounge product. I will get with our Executive Chef to come out with a solution. Something we can of course work on.

Please come out for another visit, we love it when our Platinum members choose to stay with us!