Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$269
  • Pool
Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$169
Sheraton Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$206
Sheraton.com
Silver Cloud Inn Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$169
Silver Cloud Inn
All reviewsoutdoor poolbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsnice stayfree shuttleclose to downtownwi fifront desk staffshuttle serviceyogurtking bedconvenient locationbusiness tripseattlefreewaymicrowaveconvention
Reviewed 11 April 2018

When I made the reservation I was given a total of $353.78 with all taxes and fees. I also received an email confirmation with this same information. When we checked in at the front desk the agent told us we needed to purchase overnight parking for an additional $9 a night. I explained that we were not informed at the time of the reservation of an additional fee for parking and she sharply replied that it is stated on the website. I didn't book from the website, I called the property directly and was not told of the additional fee, nor did the email confirmation received have this information. She then told us if we didn't want to park at the hotel we could park at the Park and Ride down the road. I thought she was very rude. Then when we checked out our bill stated that the parking fee was $15 a night! We have stayed at the property for many years and have never been treated like this before and we have never paid for parking. We are Hello Reward Members #101766125 and have been since 2006. Based on this experience I doubt we will return to this location in the future. - Suzy James 208-304-3352

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hi Suzy,

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that the fee for parking was not communicated to you at the time of reservation and you felt they should have been. The fee is, in fact, $9 per night. Many (most) of our guests do not have a vehicle to park, so it is not necessarily something we go over with people making reservations unless they ask. Similarly- most people do not need a rollaway bed, so we don't mention that fee unless they ask. Based upon your experience, however, we will look into making it a practice to ask people if they will need to park and explaining the charge to them at the time of reservation.

As far as the email confirmation, optional fees (i.e. pet fees, parking fees, fees for an extra bed) are not included in the auto generated confirmation. The confirmation details the rooms charge, dates of stay, and rate. Optional fees are put into the system upon checking in, and we explain them at that time.

The fees for parking have been in place at this property for a little over a year now. With the value of land and the growth in Bellevue, the hotels on the West side of 405 have found we need to charge for parking so that non guests do not take over the parking. This is how we ensure there is ample, convenient parking for the guests staying with us.

There is never an excuse for staff being rude and I am sorry that was your experience. I am following up with the staff involved.

The $15 fee posted to your folio was a mistake. Our parking fee is $9. The agent who entered $15 mistakenly entered the pet fee amount, not parking. I am sorry about that. That is a mistake we would have gladly corrected at check out had the problem come to light.

As it is, I am glad to see that the hotel reversed ALL of the parking fees (not just the mistaken overcharge) for this visit when you called after you checked out.

We do run special packages from time to time that include parking. If you are interested in coming back, that might be a great option for you.

Thank you for your business in the past. We do hope you will come visit us again.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Not 5 star due to tiny toilet, tub, bathroom, bed pad that would not stay in place: workable and minor. Good covered walkways and access between buildings, fresh and clean smelling without lots of chemical smells. Beautiful plants, landscaping between buildings - there could be more of that! Everything in good working order, all expected amenities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for your review and comments. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel in general and our landscaping specifically. we hopy you will come visit again!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had the best service ever! When we needed batteries for the TV remote they brought it right up, and when we needed and extra blanket they quickly brought it up. The breakfast was AMAZING!! The array of food seemed endless and fresh and endless! The restaurant staff was very friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in and thanked us for coming as we left. They staff also was always cleaning the tables and taking extra plates from the customers. I would recommend this Hotel and restaurant to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We so appreciate your recommendation! We hope you will visit again soon

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Rude employees, loud noises, no refresh of toiletries beyond first day. NO ELEVATOR , so be careful if you have heavy luggage . Missed my morning shower as I did not have any hot water, and when I reported that as a problem they were very rude and tried to make look stupid , I mean how hard is it to operate a shower. Considering the fact that I am an engineer!!!! Never will repeat and this chain in any place

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Guests should never be treated in a rude way or made to feel stupid. I know that when you reported the problem with the water, we immediately checked it, and the water was OK. I am not sure what happened for it not to be hot when you tried. We are looking into what went wrong. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were in a rush and - did not have a reservation and were so happy that the Red Lion in Bellevue had an available room. We got to sleep in and were off to a great start the next day because of the wonderful rest we received.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much for your comments! Please come back and see us again when you are back in the area.