“Bueno Italianiano”

Mambo Italiano Cafe
Ranked #23 of 475 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is located in the Fairhaven district/area. Phone is (360) 734-7677
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Some friends recommended this place to us and when we said we'd love to try it out, they actually drove for 90 minutes to meet us there for dinner! Now THAT should say something about the food. Not only was the food super delicious (try the bruschetta), but also the service was excellent, friendly and fast! We ate inside but there is also patio seating outside. Good beer and wine selection complements a very good menu selection for both appetizers and dinners and very good pizza too. Check it out for yourself!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We really enjoyed this funky restaurant. I had the oyster stew which was heavenly & rich. My Dad would have loved it. My hubby had the oysters for his main meal & he wasn't didappointed. I had the shrimp with Gorgonzola & cream. Very good but too rich especially after the stew. My mistake ..

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The atmosphere is cozy and warm ( a little too warm) and waitress was fine, but the food not up to par. The shrimp were so over cooked and tough I couldn't eat them, the chicken dried out, the bread dry and tasteless, and not much in the way of wine. Fairhaven is nice just don't try this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Showed up at Mambo with family and huge hunger pains. Dinner was great. Had garden salad, spaghetti carbonara and shared a pepperoni pizza. Food was hot and full of flavour. Service was really friendly. Price was moderate ($90 for 4 people- no alcohol or desert). Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I love downtown Fairhaven and this restaurant is one of the reasons why.

It was late on a Wednesday and we were looking for dinner. Italian sounded good so we picked Mambo on a whim.

From the warm greeting to the cozy atmosphere, the service and above all, the food. WOW!

It's just cool! I don't know what else to say. Just go there and you'll see what I'm talking about.