“Excellent and beautiful.”

Larrabee State Park
Ranked #11 of 89 things to do in Bellingham
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Fabulous hiking here and incredible views. It really doesn't get much better than the views that can be found from the park. A great place to enjoy the outdoors near Bellingham.

1  Thank Ava S
in 26 reviews
"rocks"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The park has at least 2 parking areas, lots of picnic tables, a few bbq pits, a stage area, and at least 2 clean restroom areas. These and trail names were not listed on the park map, so navigation was a little difficult. The map also doesn't show a beach area, but there is one.

This is a small but beautiful rugged beach. The trail to the beach is at an incline and has at least one flight of stairs. Boat ramp access is through Cove Rd.

5  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 10 May 2018

My husband and I like to come here once a year. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and the drive up Chuckanut is half of the fun. The hiking trails are also on the easier side and it's always a great day when you get out in nature. One of my favorite parks to relax in.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The sun was out and yes, we kept our coats on, but we enjoyed spectacular scenery while enjoying our sandwiches perched on the beachside rocks. It wasn't raining and the rocks were warmed by the sun. Very relaxing lunch!

We decided to burn some lunch calories by walking up a trail from Cleator Road...lots of switchbacks and amazing views!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I took my service dog for a hike up the steep trail over the weekend to enjoy the park's breathtaking beauty. I was not disappointed! Surrounded by gorgeous trees and native plants was very serene. The blaring noise of the trains below regularly interrupted the silence but, we live in a modern world, oh well.
The reason my hike was not perfect was due to large piles of dog wast near the parking lot trail head. Dog owners, please respect the park and clean up your dog's waste.
Additionally, dogs are to be leashed by law in the park. I encountered off leash dogs which is always stressful. My dog is my service dog. While we are hiking my dog is working to manage my disability. It is never permissible to interfere with a working service dog, so please abide by the law and leash your dog. There are plenty of trails where your dog can legally be off leash without ruining someone else's hike.
The trail is steep but well maintained with only a few muddy spots. Once you reach the lake, which I could not do because I was informed of more unleashed dogs, you can enjoy a picnic or fish. I love this hike but it would be a lot nicer if dog owners followed the law so everyone could enjoy the park.

1  Thank morecoffee2