“Awesome food.”

Cafe Rumba
Ranked #28 of 478 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit in a week traveling to & from Vancouver. The place is small but clean. The smells are mouth-watering. The price is great and the sandwiches are huge.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Located in an old building. Inside is totally funky in an excellent way From the worn concrete floor to the odd angles that you find in old buildings. Greeted as soon as we walked in by the two gals working the counter. They carefully explained the different options. Very helpful. The menu is on a big board with specials on a smaller one. Wife had the chicken sandwich while I had the special, which was a bacon, avocado roasted pepper delight. You can order items as a sandwich or a salad. I ordered it spicy and wow it was good. The sandwich roll was especially tasty. The potatoes with the spicy sauce were delicious. You bus your table after you are finished.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I don't know much about Peruvian food, but this food is so tasty that I hope it's legit. We were here on the 4th of July, and beyond being pleased that they were open on a holiday, we had good service and, as I said, good food. Our party included some with dietary restrictions, and the staff talked us through what we could and couldn't have. We were mightily pleased with the whole experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Our friends told us about this sandwich shop so decided to meet up there for lunch. We shared 3 sandwiches which all came with sliced potatoes with a spicy thousand island sauce. We tried the pulled pork, chicken, bacon & avocado and the daily special. We really liked the roast chicken and the hickory sticks in the chicken sandwich. It gave the sandwich extra crunch on top of the toasted bread. Messy but flavourful. Pulled pork was too salty.

Thank D. W
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Her: Do you like spicy things?
Me: Very much.
Her: I'll just mod this sandwich right up, okay?
Me: I would love that.

And a few minutes later, I was given an enormous, handmade, fully modded up, utterly delicious sandwich.

1. The bread. SO GOOD and perfectly toasted.
2. The meat - flavorful, cooked just right.
3. The vegetables - roasted, smoky, delicious, excellently chosen
4. The sauce - maaaaaaan, I loved the sauce

I also loved the potatoes that came on the side, and found myself dipping bits of my sandwich in their delicious sauce, too.

Bellinghamsters are lucky to have Cafe Rumba. The food and service are excellent.