“Satisfyingly savory lunch”

Cafe Rumba
Ranked #28 of 486 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Deliciously spicy and delightfully textured, a mouthful of fresh, zingy, creamy and crunchy. A friendly cafe with an artsy vibe. Try the delicious refreshing drinks too- a tiny bit too sweet but would be perfect on ice.
We had he salad versions of the sandwiches and they were delectable. Accommodating order takers took care to adapt my order to be free of cheese/dairy. The only thing better would be if I had added a fried egg to it. Can I do that? I'm not sure, but I know I'll enjoy my next meal at Cafe Rumba as soon as I'm anywhere near Bellingham!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We had the chicken sandwich with the spicy potatoes. It was good. The owner was kind enough to step in and suggest where we should park as to not get towed.

Casual place, nothing fancy, but the food is unique.

My favorite part - the cream filled shortbread cookies. They melt in your mouth. So good!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stooped for lunch before the rush. Delicious mix of potatoes,linguisa sausage, avocado slices ,sweet onion,egg and a medley of sauces. Mary had roasted chicken,bacon and toppings on a delicious bun. Nice people.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

You may be surprised by this Peruvian Cafe.. The sandwiches are awesome and worth the slight wait. Outside or inside seating, wheelchair accessible. Street parking. Seemed really busy with the local crowd. So much for the review from 2012 that said they would not last long! Be sure to visit while in town. These are $10 sandwiches worth the money. Pulled pork was awesome.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit in a week traveling to & from Vancouver. The place is small but clean. The smells are mouth-watering. The price is great and the sandwiches are huge.