“A Bellingham Institution”

Ranked #9 of 487 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Boundary Bay Brewery opened in 1995 & we've been making great handcrafted beer and fresh, local food for the Bellingham community ever since! Our brewery houses a Tap Room and family-friendly Bistro, located in a restored historic 1922 warehouse in Downtown Bellingham, across from the Saturday Farmer's Market. We also have a great deck for outdoor dining and a Beer Garden where you can enjoy BBQ's and outdoor concerts in the Summer.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

It had been three years since I'd dined at the Brewery, and sitting there yesterday looking around at the food in front of me and my seven friends, I was filled with regret that it had been so long.

Great rainy day comfort fare like manila clam steamers, tomato and parmesan soup, yam filled enchiladas, salmon chowder and an especially drool-worthy brothy beef stew wafted beautiful aromas all around. The menu includes salads, grilled fish tacos, mac n' cheese, and a number of well-built sandwiches, all of which are great to wash down with the brewery's fine beers.

Speaking of beer, highly recommend the seasonal sensation called The Thirsty Ghost!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If I'm in Bellingham at lunch time I like going to Boundary Bay for the good food and great beer. I also love the atmosphere and decor and the service.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Have visited this place often. It's a nice low key spot to enjoy some local Bellingham fare. Generally we are in a group of 6+ and order drinks, I like the Cedar Dust IPA, and a bunch of appetizers to share. The nachos are great, the salmon pizza is good with big chunks of salmon, and you can't go wrong with an order of the mac n' cheeze.

I think this place is best in the summer after checking out the farmer's market we head over and sit outside and have lunch. There is also a spot outside for kids to run around and play while the adults relax. It's a cool chill spot and we will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have been told that this is the oldest brewery in Bellingham, and their experience shows. The pilsner is one of the best I've had since leaving Germany! Good food (and they will work with those who are vegetarians/have food allergies, etc.). Good service even though it was pretty crowded. We sat in the bar section, and it was quite delightful.
The only downside is the that there was no free parking nearby. But park the car and visit the several interesting places in the area. But Boundary Bay is the best!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here before and the food & beer is good. I do like their kids menu for it's value and options. My rub is their insane wait time for a table when it's not busy. We came by again recently on a week day. Told it would be 20 minutes. As a few others come in, I overhear them being told it's 30 and then 40. Several just choose to go someplace else. I keep looking in the seating area and am wondering why 6+ tables are empty and they're losing clients who are put off by the wait. After 30 minutes I just ask, "are those tables reserved or something?"...to which I am told "we're trying not to overwhelm the wait staff." Seriously? After 40 minutes we were seated. While people who arrived 29 minutes after us got a table 5 minutes later. Even if short staffed, that's a crappy business model. And it wasn't even looking that short staffed since three people were hanging out at the front desk! Oh and there's no wait for the bar, so 50% of the business was staffed just fine or more competently. There's either poor mgmt, poor scheduling, or this place thinks so much of itself that turned away business and long waits will keep it popular in Bham. It continues to drop down further on my list of Bham places to go. So many are now far better.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro? Share your experiences!