“Family dinner works well here”

Busara Thai Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 461 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

We went with friends with kids and Busara worked very well for us. We tried the fried rice, the Pad Thai, and the Panang curry and everyone, including the kids were happy.

1  Thank MauricioBabilonia

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Feasting in Thailand, the dishes there are spicier and of course tastier. Here, the dishes were sweet, too sweet, not spicy or hot at all or salty. I was very disappointed that Papaya Salad a common dish was not on the menu. My husband ordered a calamari appetizer and it was pasty, maybe it wasn't cooked long enough, plus the sauce that came with it was very sweet. We asked for Nam bla, a mixture of fish sauce, lime, chilis, and garlic to substitute this sweetness; instead we got powdered chili, and some chili hot sauce. The waitress did not know of Nam bla, and the Thai waitress who knew of it smiled and said they didn't have it. For an entree, I ordered the seafood combination with chili sauce, 3 stars; instead it was salty, and it had no hotness to it. The sauce tasted more like salty brown gravy. My husband ordered the seafood bouillabaisse with coconut milk, it was so so sweet. Our first time and our last time to this restaurant, definitely not an authentic place for us.

1  Thank Raineo
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I was treated to dinner at Busara some time back and enjoyed the décor, lighting and service. The food was just ok. I haven't been back.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I have eaten at Busara several times and each time, I have found the food I chose to be quite good. The service is good and pleasant, but the room itself is rather "cool" and not cozy, especially was the colder weather blows in outside. It's in a rather difficult corner of a mall area, so hard to find initially, but once in, it is pleasant. The portions are a bit small compared to other Thai restaurants, but the food is fresh. I was a bit taken aback at the soup selections. The server told me that the soup can be altered on order by adding or subtracting elements like meat, certain veggies, etc. It made me wonder how one prepares a soup without adding elements as it cooks. I think the broths are prepared and then the elements are thrown in before service. That turned me off. BUT, in Bellingham, at least this is not bad.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

The food was very good and priced fairly. The also had a delicious warm black rice (yes...rice...not ice) cream dessert that was awesome. The place was nice inside. The only reason why I did not give 5 stars was because I went on a weeknight and the service was slow, and they managed to bring me the wrong meal resulting in a longer wait.