US$218
US$229
US$167
Country Inn
US$142
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell(Bothell)(Great Value!)
US$169
Hotels.com
US$221
US$206
Hampton.com
All reviewsmovie theaterprincipal's officenorth shorelight fixtureshigh ceilingsrestaurants and barsmain restauranttiki loungesaltwater poolfun placeoutdoor seatingtotsoriginal artworkpedestal sinkplaces to eat and drinkgreat beermultiple bars
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Pool area was ok. the water was warm and the pool is large, but the air temperature was FREEZING! All the parents that were there watching their kids had to wear their down parkas. I was in the pool with the kids and I had to keep dunking under water to keep my head from freezing. Eventually, we couldn't take the cold anymore and had to get out.

By the time we went to go get some food (6pm) there was a 45 minute wait at all three food places. We thought we could just order room service instead (a lame alternative, but we were hungry). We were told it would be a 45 minute wait for a pizza to be made. Instead I just walked over to QFC for food.

In the morning we had brunch at the hotel and our food took forever and came out cold so I guess the server just forgot about us despite saying that "our food is coming up soon".

A holiday inn would have been better.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Claire R, Manager at McMenamins Anderson School Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

I'm quite sorry about your experience here. Our pool is open air, so in winter, it can be quite chilly when getting out of the heated, salt water. I've passed along your feedback about the restaurants to the manager of the restaurant, as that is quite disappointing to hear. We hope the next time you visit, we go above and beyond your expectations.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Met a friend here for lunch. She has gone for years, but my first time. Roasted squash salad delish. Creme brulee luscious. Our server Keli was very chill & patient. I'm not a beer drinker but my friend enjoyed her pint.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

melindae91, I'm happy to hear you had such a great lunch. We hope you comeback and enjoy our restaurants again, maybe even stay the night. Cheers

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Coolest place. Built in an old school, each room's door looks like a classroom door. Hallways have pictures of people and events at the school over the years. Rooms and halls are filled with the funkiest collection of old ceiling lights. The beds are super comfy, it's quiet at night, I always get a great night's sleep. Rooms are super clean and well maintained, but best of all the front desk staff are so friendly and welcoming. I stay here whenever I have business in Bothell. Wouldn't stay anywhere else even though there are less expensive options.

Room Tip: The rooms are so cute and fun. I always request a different one so I can see more of them.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you Kathy G! We are thrilled to have you come stay with us. I have passed along your comments to our Front desk and Housekeeping, thank you. I'm glad you enjoy all the funky lights everywhere. They definitely help set the ambience of our property and I feel like a find a new light fixture every week. We'll see you the next time you stay, Cheers.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is the 3rd McMenamins we have stayed at and were excited when one opened closer to us! We were not disappointed by the surroundings, coziness and comfort of the hotel or rooms. After checking into a beautiful room with so much characteristic art it was fascinating, we visited the Shed on the first night and were welcomed with a warm smile and friendly atmosphere. Dinner at the Tavern was "ok" but definitely a different level of service (not in a good way). Next day tried the Tavern again but disappointed with service again! Watched a movie (great staff and super customer service) then over to the Woodshop. The games were fun, the atmosphere was relaxing, the staff were friendly but slow (for a Thursday night).

Overall we think the Anderson School is a great place to stay! Clean, well kept and on its way to greatness. Work on a training program for new staff and customer service skills for the Tavern staff and you'll be in the running for 5 stars!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Claire R, Manager at McMenamins Anderson School Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback KimVL, I have passed it on to the manager of the Tavern about your experience with the servers. I'm glad you found your room fascinating, as Bothell has quite the characters. We'll have to make sure we put you in another room on your next stay, so you can experience some other aspect of this charming town's history. I'm glad you were able to enjoy other parts of our property, from taking in a movie in our little theater, to having a leisurely meal at the Woodshop. Until next time!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

What a wonderful idea! McMenamins is on the right path with revitalization. The high school still have pictures taken out of different yearbooks throughout the hotel.

The rooms are a nice size and the beds are comfortable and it is quiet. You don't have to leave the campus, everything you can imagine is right here;

Pub, several restaurants, swimming pool, movie theater, beautiful walking paths!

The only down side is that I was in town for business and had to be up and out of the room earlier than coffee or breakfast was served in the mornings. This is not a place to stay for business but definitely a great place to stay for pleasure!

The staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

R1018ELcindyh, we are so glad you had such wonderful things to say about us and your stay. We appreciate your feedback in regards to business travelers, and are working on some ideas. We hope you are able to come back when you're not working, to stay, relax and enjoy yourself. Until next time!