All reviewsbeautiful viewstay there againunitsmarinaorcas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Orcas Suites at Rosario. Our stay was very pleasant! The room was clean, looked nice, and the view from our balcony was breathtaking...I loved the property...It was beautiful and relaxing...We took morning walks and hiked around the lake. There was also 2 restaurants and the Mansion Museum within walking distance. This is definitely a place that I would return to! Thanks also to the staff for being very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our stay was great! You can walk to the little grill for dinner outside by the water, the pool, the outside fire pit. I took my grandson and nephew, 4 and 7 years old. We had a hotel room with 2 queen beds, a balcony with a water view, and small refridgerator. We had a great time! You can see all colors of beautiful star fish from above the water and the kids can run free and meet other kids at the pool or evening after dinner. You can hike in Moran State park, beautiful view at the top at Mt. Constitution. The little town of Eastsound has great restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Orcas Island is a beautiful place, and this place takes advantage of it. Rooms are spacious, views are great, and the owners are incredibly helpful and friendly. Only downside is you can feel kind of trapped in Rosario if you don't have a vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I spent 5 nights at Orcas Suites and there are major things that they should have prepared me for ahead of time and did not. First the pros: the room was spacious, the view of the bay(?) was lovely, and the bathroom was gigantic and fully equipped with a great shower and jacuzzi. Now the cons: Orcas Suites was really much more of a motel than a hotel -- there was no room service at all (no access to food except by walking down a steep hill to other parts of the Rosario Resort), just a daily cleaning service that was not very meticulous (a bathtub ring stayed there for two days; a previous guest's underwear was left on the floor hidden by the bed skirt). The absolutely unforgiveable omission was that there was NO WiFi available (it was spotty enough to be non-existent), no cell phone service and NO long-distance landline telephone service!!! I had no way of calling home to let anyone know I'd arrived safely until I drove into the neighboring town the following day. That needs to be front and center IN BOLD on all descriptions about this hotel/motel so people can be prepared to rough it! Oh, and did I mention that the locks on the room and outside door were broken? Even though there has been no crime to speak of on the island, hotel rooms should still have working locks. The island visit was wonderful but I feel the hotel experience was subpar.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LateNightUser
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We spend 2 nights at Orcas Suites, and we enjoyed staying there very much. We had a spacious room and bath and a big balcony, up high and with a beautiful view of Eastsound. We had deer grazing right under our balcony and gazing up at us with longing eyes - I guess hoping for a handout. It was fun to have such a close-up view of them. We saw boats in the sound, and even a floatplane taking off! The hotel is about 30 minutes from the ferry dock, so you have to arrange your time accordingly. And - you have to be in line at least an hour early for every ferry, so they take much more time than you'd expect. We explored Lopez Island and San Juan Island, as well as all of Orcas, and we recommend doing so as they are all different. The staff at Orcas Suites was helpful, before and during our trip, in working out our travel plans. Right next door is the Rosario Mansion, so we had dinner there the first night. Other restaurants are much further, and Orcas Suites is at the end of a twisty road that wouldn't be much fun to drive after dark. There's also a store/grill next door, where we had a light breakfast one morning. The second morning we had to be at the ferry early, so we parked the car in the line and had breakfast at a small restaurant nearby. We loved exploring the San Juan Islands, and Orcas Suites was a good base for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Eastsound.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple