“I'd choose this over a Motel 6”
Review of Sunrise Motor Inn

Sunrise Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Reviewed 4 September 2017

In brief, this is a safe stop if you're in a pinch on a budget. The facility is dated, but pretty well maintained. The room was clean, and I'd go so far as to say that the owners take pride in keeping their place in good shape. The bed was not the most comfortable, but it was passable. There was a plastic cover on the mattress, and it crinkled as we moved around on the bed throughout the night. The breakfast is ... well, remember what you paid for the room, but hey, it's better than nothing.

What makes this place really special is the gentleman who checked us in. I suspect he was one of the owners. It is outside the realm of possibility for him to have been more kind and helpful than he was. We had some trouble with the remote/television in our room, and he bent over backward to accommodate us.

I know my rating is only 3 out of five, and I believe it to be accurate. This is not a luxury stay, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Next time I'll sleep in my car! Dirty, ramshackle exterior, with broken handrails on the stairs! Park anywhere you can find a space in the abandon businesses next door. Not the greatest location in town. The rooms are not very well maintained, and I was a bit nervous about using the bathroom. If a health inspection was every performed, I'm almost positive they would no longer be in business...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sdsailor2016
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The place is surrounded by drug addicts and prostitutes. I check in and it seemed ok. That is until I was unpacking the luggage from my car and I was approached by a man asking me to have sex with him for money. I was shocked. I am definitely not a prostitute. When entered the room there was a big sign on the door stating that unauthorized pets would yield a $100 fine per night. I travel with two 3 lb support animals.A new When I read the sign, I immediately got the medical paperwork in support of my dogs. The front desk guy became enraged, telling me that he was going to have to refund my money and that I couldn't stay there with them. I was very tired and begged him to reconsider. He told me that he would contact the owner and discuss with him in the morning. I then returned to my room. When I sat on the bed I noticed that there were plastic sheets on the bed. That was it for me. There was no way I was going to feel safe, or be able to sleep on plastic sheets. I returned to the front desk and never unpacked, 20 minutes after check in and asked to be checked out and my money to be refunded. The man at the front desk exploded with anger and told me that he not only would not refund the over $400.00 he charged to my credit card, but he was going to add on the pet fine too. I told him that was robbery and not ok. He said , too bad go ahead and sue me. He pointed out some barely legible fine print on the bottom of the page stating no refunds. I told him how displeased I was including the detail of being approached by a stranger who thought I was a prostitute and I did not feel safe. I called the police. They were able to do nothing. The front desk clerk then threw me out of the offices and did not refund a cent. I will be taking them to court. ••••••••PLEASE avoid this property at all cost!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank chromecowgirl
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Checked in for a 2-day stay. My husband on his way to work stopped for the free Continental breakfast that's offered to all of the hotel's guests. As he approached the serving area he was questioned by an older male employee. My husband had first asked for a spoon and was immediately ordered to leave the premises. He was taken aback by this aggressive hostile behavior that the employee was displaying. The conversation escalated to the point where my husband who is a trained registered conflict resolution technician recommended that they start the conversation over and introduced himself to the employee The employee made our stay extremely uncomfortable. we had originally asked for an apology and after 24 hours we had still not been offered any kind of apology from anyone associated with the hotel, in fact, we were told that there was no manager on site and that they lacked any authority to offer any type of remedy or solution to the complaint. To add insult to injury, that same employee then called the Police to have my husband and I removed from the premises. And even though there is video footage as well as the audio recording of his blatant discriminatory actions from the day before, this employee stood there and acted like we had done something wrong by complaining !! Cowardly actions indeed .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Situated behind Dennys restaurant just off the Interstate highway and near to Boeing. Older motel with parking outside your room. Staff in the reception were business like and efficient. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. It had an old box TV (poor), free WiFi, fridge, air conditioner and hostess tray with coffee only. The buffet breakfast was poor and very limited. Poor value for what you pay but okay for a one night stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 107 on the ground floor which was okay.