“Worth a Detour off of I-5”
Review of The New Mexicans

The New Mexicans
Ranked #14 of 453 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I usually drive past Everett but had some time and thought we would explore a little. There are some cool antique stores and restaurants. The New Mexican is one of these. The story is on the menu of the proprietor growing up in New Mexico and picking up some great American-Mexican dishes. The place itself is pleasant high ceiling comfortable venue. Many homemade items and good sized portions. Wow the corn bread was fresh out of the oven --so delicious. I shared the pulled brisket sandwich and had the sauce on the side. There is a choice of three BBQ sauces, I stuck with the mild one. Great sandwich. Also had the chile which appeared to be vegetarian. It was tasty, large,sort of smokey but quite mild and did not excite like the corn bread. Looking at other people's orders the enchiladas looked inviting. Margueritas are large and many locals were spending the afternoon sipping on these giants. I will visit again.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

What a great unique menu. Loved the green enchiladas and the corn bread. A wonderful variety here for every taste.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Took a while to figure out the menu and all the different options. Seems like a blend of southwest, breakfast, and personal family comfort foods. We've gone for lunch on Friday's multiple times and found the service to be great, but slow in terms of being served. Food made up for the wait though. Not a huge area for seating, only one large table seating more than 4. Staff recommends calling ahead if you have a large group.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Was very excited to find this restaurant but was sadly disappointed. The menu includes a few Mexican dishes, none of which looked or tasted New Mexican. I was hoping to finally taste green chile but should have known better , and the sopaipillas had sugar and salt on them. ..? But I'm not a fair judge since I'm from NM. Guess I will have to get my fix by waiting for care packages of Hatch green chile.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

When you walk in the dining area is very inviting. They did a great job with the southwest feel. There is no hostess station so we were a little lost on what to do when we entered and it took a bit for someone to acknowledge us. Service is the only reason this isn't a 5 star.
The food was outstanding and the menu choices were great! Pretty small menu which means quality to me. We will definitely be coming back.

Been to The New Mexicans? Share your experiences!