“Fantastic Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My wife and I play orchestra for the Paradise Theatre next to Mizu. So we eat the sushi there fairly often. Although they are best known for their entertaining grilling, we always eat sushi at the bar with their incredible sushi chef Sean (I hope I got the spelling right on that). At so many sushi restaurants, each piece is largely rice with a small amount of seafood. At Mizu, each piece is mostly seafood with enough rice to hold it together, and the rolls are quite large. Sean's presentations are beautiful. Watching him slice and dice is as entertaining as watching the chefs at the grills. Although we like many of the different sushi dishes our favorites are the Washington Roll, the New York, the Red Dragon and the salmon nigiri. My wife likes their Pinot Gris wine and I enjoy the local Seven Seas Amber beer. If you enjoy good sushi, I highly recommend Mizu.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I ordered the Chicken and Shrimp on the grill, there was a lot of food, could not eat it all, wished my friend and I had shared. No skimping here! Plenty of vegetables and fried rice. The chef was very pleasant and entertaining. Great service.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We went on a Friday evening. There was only one grill table open yet it was a quiet resturant. The service was good and the chief was fun! Great place for dinner!

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I had filet mignon and shrimp. The steak was so tender... just great! And the shrimp is always good. I love this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I would give zero stars if I could.

We went there last night and one of our eight guests did not receive her meal until the rest of us were done with our dinners. The server ended up bringing her meal to go. When we got the bill it included the full charge for her meal plus tax and tip. We attempted to talk to a manager about how inappropriate it was for all of us to be eating while one of our guests had no food but we were told that no one was working that evening. After a verbal fisticuffs with the server she slapped $13 in our hands and said she couldn't do anything more. (The total charge was closer to $25.) She never apologized for the horrific experience. They took no ownership for the fact that one guest went an hour and a half without getting her dinner.

Today we called again to talk to a manager and again we were told that no one was available.

Based on the service, I would never go there again nor would I bring my family or friends there. The server had every opportunity to make it right but she didn't. Terribly disappointing.

1  Thank LysaLysaLysa