“Nostalgic”

Add it.
Lana's Hangar Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 March 2014

So fun as you sit and watch small planes come and go at the little airport right outside the large windows. The food is really good as the old timers will verify. A very homey atmosphere with a nice warm fire embraces one of the dining areas. It's old but well taken care of. Fun with friends!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I brought my two kids here for dinner. They loved seeing all the airplanes and I was glad we stopped to try it. However when the food came it was not as great. The boys had the typical chicken stips and fries. I ordered what I think was cube steak with gravy over it. It came with mashed potatos that were dry and crumbly. I think they were instant and someone didn't put enough liquid into them. They were horrible. Its not a hard dish so i was a little offended that a restuaraunt would serve me potatoes that looked like that. The staff was great and friendly. I suppose I can try it again and see if maybe it was just a bad day becuase i have only heard good things about them.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

It has been awhile since I was here, what was I thinking this place is great. Very good grub, friendly staff, with reasonable prices. However it's the milkshakes that make this special. My friend thought he was really hungry and tried to take on the "Blip burger" couldn't do it....that's saying something for this dude. Stop in and enjoy a fun burger joint. I"m going to make sure my visits are not so far apart.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Lana's hanger is located near the end of the runway in Hoquiam. Next to a bird sanctuary, this quaint little restaurant rivals other eateries in towns. It is usually quiet and the service is great. The food is better than the generic you find at other locations around town. Occasionally you will see airplanes arriving and departing and if you are lucky the Coast Guard will land a helicopter and pick up lunch to go. Finally, Lana's offers some nostalgia from yesteryear.

PS - try their Large Shakes... you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Great destination if you like aviation and good food. Unfortunately, this morning the weather is more than a little wet and the only things landing were seagulls. That leaves the food and I had pancakes. I have a hardy appetite and ordered two and to my surprise found out they are about a foot across and two of these was more than this guy could handle. Beyond being big they were good. Looking around folks were having biscuits and gravy as well as other breakfast favorites, all were smiling and enjoying the bounty. This is a diner that is open for breakfast thru dinner, that really caters to locals and they like it . I will be back for breakfast and certainly will try lunch and dinner as well.

1  Thank TeamFlounder