“Beautiful... But......”

Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I went here by myself just to relax. Defiantly one of my better trips. Very serene, nice views, lots of small trails well kept.

I would give it 4 stars due to the fact that the signs don't make it easy to get where you want to go or to exit. It only states the trail where you are and although they have a trail guide which was nice it's a little confusing and when I wanted to go back there are no exit signs.

All reviews
"harvey"
"miles"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Beautiful network of forest trails. Well worth going to for a short hike. Be sure to pick up a map as there are many trails, and many ways to go.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Cougar mountain was only a few miles down the road so I took a drive early Saturday to the Harvey Manning Trailhead - easy to find following my phone's GPS.
Ample parking and a very complete easy to read trail map at the entrance. I grabbed a paper map and took off walking.
Trails with solid lines on the map are semi-improved and I think allow horse riders. Dotted line trails are just skinny dirt lines- much more exciting to follow!
Over 2 1/2 hours I covered 7.2 mikes according to my phone tracker. I loved every step.
Trail markers are clear and easy to find at junctions.
People that I did cross paths with were either smoking as they ran by or smoking and waving as we walked past one another. Many folks walking dogs, too.
Take water with you!
Starting at Harvey Manning Trailhead you're already at the top, so it's downhill out and uphill all the way back. Take your time and enjoy!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

There are a plethora of trails in this area. Many of the trail heads have car parks and portapotties. We hiked Margaret's Way trail. It was a beautiful forest hike that was well maintained and signposted. It is an out and back trail of approximately 7 miles total. There is a loop trail of about 2.5 miles where the Margaret's Way trail ends. It has a moderate elevation gain of about 2200 feet.