“Charm and really good homemade food”

Carmines Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 238 Restaurants in Kennewick
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family-owned and operated restaurant. We serve individuals, families and private parties or meetings.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I were on the road so stopped here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor - thank you reviewers! Being at Carmines really is like eating at your eccentric Italian Uncle's house for Sunday supper.

Rat pack music, photos of boxers on the wall, plastic plates...but the servers and hosts really care and you can taste the love in the food. The entree I had would stand up to anything I've eaten in North Beach/San Francisco.

Sharing a dinner for two is $32 which is just a few bucks over Olive Garden for pity's sake! The restaurant does have a limited wine menu, but you can bring your own with a $10 corkage fee.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

First off the restaurant is very interesting not sophisticated as in fancy or anything but very nice and there are a lot of family photos back from the 30's to even more recent and even little ads for Coca-Cola(from all different eras); there is a small trip down through history. Very interesting. But I'am Cheese Intolerant (no not lactose); I know seems weird to go to an Italian restaurant when you can't eat cheese but I still love pasta and marinara sauce. We had reservation more than 24 hours in advance and we get there and they had made no preparation for it at all. My wife who made the reservations even told them that I am allergic to cheese and they had it down on the paper for our reservation and they made no real accommodations for it (they just made me a separate salad with no cheese). I knew going in there I wouldn't be getting lasagna; but was planning on getting the Rigatoni with a side of meat. Which meat is fine except they cook it in the sauce and cheese and they brought it out to us and it was just covered in cheese. So I couldn't eat it at all. so my wife got mine and hers and she got the lasagna and I got was a plate of noodles and marina sauce (I could do that at home for a fraction of the cost). I have always heard how great their meatballs and sausage are and I have always wanted to try I am a big meat fan. So I have been there but still haven't got to try it. And Not sure if I will ever go back. My wife would have a different review just to be on honest she gives it 4.5 stars she loved.
To me I know its a small venue and that is what we did like about it; but I left there more disappointed than not ever eating there to begin with.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We travel to the Tri-Cities several times a year & dinner at Carmine's is the highlight of our visit! Old fashion homemade Italian food served family style. They serve ONE entree each day so don't expect a choice. Very good desserts, but let me recommend the cheesecake with berry topping. It goes quick so when I order my meal I ask them to save me a piece of cheesecake!! Superb food & superb value! Super friendly staff & your visit will not be complete without meeting Carmine. Not only is the food superb, but the atmosphere & the incredibly friendly staff leave you feeling "warm all over". We only wish that we lived closer that we could eat there more often, This place is very hard to find, so be prepared, & a reservation is an absolute must!

1  Thank GourmetMagazine
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We were an hour before closing and were welcomed w/great hospitality. The warm bread, tasty salad and good wine were just the beginning. Reasonably priced and the chicken Alfredo was delicious.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great Family Style Dining, everything is delicious and portions are plentiful. Service is fast and friendly. Carmine will come and visit you and tell you great stories. We've been there many times and it never disappoints!