“Delicious Food, Good Service, Nice View”
Review of Raw Bar 89

Raw Bar 89
Reserve with OpenTable
Raw Bar 89 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 286 Restaurants in Kirkland
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

The last time I was by here, we had just had dinner around the corner. We heard a band playing some great music and our little group strolled down to check it out. It was so good we just started dancing out on the sidewalk. A great memory!

Today we were down by the Kirkland pier enjoying the sunny afternoon before New Year’s Eve and were looking for somewhere to have a late lunch.. My wife stopped to take a photo of the Raw Bar 89 ice sculpture in front of the restaurant, and then we decided to checkout their Happy Hour menu (all day on Sunday) which was reasonably priced. We ordered the pork egg rolls which were light and crispy, amy favorite standard salmon sushi roll, a crunchy California roll which was very tasty, and two seafood platters which consisted of a piece of salmon, a piece of cod, two shrimp and an oyster, all in a tempura batter and lightly fried. All our food was delicious and hit the spot. We were so hungry and the food was so delicious I forgot to take photos except for our desert - green tea fried ice cream. Our service was excellent and very accommodating. Another great memory!!! If I lived in Kirkland, I’d be a regular at Raw Bar 89.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We came here with high expectations, a perfect day and great friends and the result was no what we expected. The restaurant was almost empty on a beautiful Monday night but we sat at a pleasant table and perused an extensive menu of tasty offerings. Now the reality sits in: fresh Washington oysters –no one in the restaurant including the chef new which one they were. Short ribs, served cold and returned. Tempura, again served cold and the smallest pawns any of us had seen. A cubed “filet “and vegetables dish that had to be returned ordered medium rare as it was burnt and incredibly tough only to be replaced with another try that was not burnt but well done and tough…. at this point we gave up.
As the restaurant filled to about ½ full the lack of servers was now noticeable, service was very, very slow, not that the servers were inattentive but trying to serve too many people each.
The highlight of the visit… Georgetown Lucille IPA on tap….finally a positive thing to say.
To be fair, we were told the head chef was not cooking that night and our philosophy is to always try a bad experience a second time just to give the place a chance to recover from just “a single bad night” which we will do here and update….if there is a change,

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Not enough bartender and servers.
One bartender and three waiters for serving people. To get beers, I was waiting such a long time. Finally, i went to the bar and get beers. I ordered calamari and waited more than 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, server told me that no calamari today. I am not going back to this place.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Perfect weather and a partial water view from their restaurant patio helped set the mood - we felt "away" even though by a fairly busy street and didn't even hear the noise. Their curry mussels were good, sushi rolls are large and excellent, and their chicken teriyaki was what my husband ordered but I ate part of that too it was so good! We had a late lunch into happy hour and the service was great. The main dishes arrived before the appetizer of shrimp tempura so they gave us that "on the house". They accommodated a group of 10 while we were there but a single person would feel very comfortable dining here. We will be back!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Tried this new restaurant on the beautiful Kirkland waterfront and was pleasantly surprised by quality and taste of everything we ordered. We started with three different sushi rolls then added a Raman and a Curry dish for the entrees. The sushi was very fresh and the entrees had a depth of flavor that left us satisfied and looking forward to a return visit.