“Nice Atmosphere, Great Salmon Burgers”
Review of The Slip

The Slip
Ranked #55 of 284 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fast food
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Come between main eating hours, or you will never get in. It's pleasant in the winter, like a seaside grill, and more pleasant in nice weather, especially if you can get an outside table. Service can be slow and grumpy, but once you get your food and are able to enjoy it, the atmosphere, and company, it's hard to beat, which is why the place is so popular.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Tried the Peanut butter jelly burger....wow. Great patio, gets super busy when it is sunny. Small kitchen sometimes it can take forever to get your food.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Our friends suggested eating here on a sunny evening in early September. Knew there might not be more evenings like that, so we said yes. Hadn't been there in years. We all had some form of burger - chicken, veggie, and beef. For a not very crowded place, it took a long time for our food to come. I had asked for a rare burger, my wife a well done one. I took my first bite and it was clearly overcooked, so I thought it must have been my wife's. But her burger was also well done. I signaled the waitress to come over and she told me that the cook wouldn't let it out of the kitchen rare. I told her that she should have told me that at the outset, not after waiting over half an hour. She hurriedly went back to the kitchen to start another burger for me. The good news is that we had ordered a large portion of fries - which were pretty good. Bad news is that I didn't want to fill up on them. When the re-cooked burger arrived, after everyone else had finished theirs, it was rare, but very greasy. I didn't complain, but am not going back...

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The Slip is poster child for what is wrong with restaurants in Kirkland. How do you make it with such a bad burger place? Location, location, location. If wasn't for their location and they were in any other city.. They would be shunned as a burger place.

The only reason we still go there, is when friends come in from out of town and they call us from the Slip to come meet them. I am like.. "Why do people waste their time going to the Slip?"

So yet again they re confirm my opinion of their fare time and time again.

Why wouldn't you deep fry your Fries? The way they bake their fries absolutely sucks and most of the time they verge on being burnt and dried out.

Their burgers.. How do you screw up a burger if you are a burger place? You can tell their burgers come from frozen patties and there is no love in what they serve.

I wish the Slip would go out of business so another operator/owner would take over and make something worth eating or make something worthy of the prices being asked for garbage food.

Thank glcwhistler .
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

This is a gem in Kirkland. When the sun is shining n Kirkald's waterfront... Go there... Not fancy. Not pretentious. I had the nemi ??? The chicken sandwich loaded with bacon and and and... Delicious. Really should be served with a large bib! And the Gorgonzola French fries (baked) are superb!