“Good food and a lively atmospere”

Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 274 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Washington Blvd
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We ate during the Seahawks-Patriots game and to say the least, the patrons were highly engaged in the game. We were there with our daughter's family and I was pleased to see how their wide selection of menu items was able to please a wide range of interests.

The grandchildren wanted to start with the cheese and fruit platter and it came with a very nice selection of cheeses and fresh fruit. I was surprised how the granddaughters enjoyed the more mature taste cheeses.

Meal choices ranged from the pub burger, shepherds pie, mac & cheese, halibut and chips, and steak salad. I had a pub burger and found it well cooked. I loved the onion-mushroom jam on it. I did take the radicchio off. I also had one of the halibut filets and it was excellent. Not too much breading like so many restaurants. Our 13 year old granddaughter loved the shepherds pie. All other meals were reported as excellent.

I was very pleased with the overall experience of service, atmosphere, and food quality. Significantly better than any chain type restaurant?

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. The Game Pie was crazy good. Sometimes that's just all you need to say :-)

The atmosphere was spot on making this a great little stop. Loved it.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

A great restaurant with a very good variety of beers. I'm not a big beer drinker and the server was knowledgeable about their product and gave great suggestions. The food was fresh and well prepared. A good atmosphere made it an even better experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I go when my in laws come to town.

I like the Pubs in the UK, I just personally don't care too much for the Rover. Their food has gotten better in last few years but it is still nothing to gloat about. I also don't care too much for their overall beer selection either. We are talking Kirkland, so if you are a restaurant and try at all you are in the upper echelon of restaurants, which isn't saying much.

The menu is very limited and the overall quality is decent at best.

I have tried their burger and it is far better than anything the 'Slip' across the parking lot is putting out. Their sandwiches are decent too. If you put the Rover in any other city it would have to up its game even further to be considered a worthwhile place to go.

I get tired of the place and I have run out of wanting to retry anymore of their menu items.

The fact they have an outside deck is the biggest draw for us going there. I think I will get a reprieve with fall and winter until next year when it opens again. Maybe by then I will have forgotten why I have been so underwhelmed with them?

Thank glcwhistler .
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We enjoy meeting friends at the WIlde Rover in Kirkland. It is near the lake and where things are happening. Outdoor dining is a treat. The selection of Irish food is great. I love the curry fries, bangers and mash, Irish stew, and the fish and chips. Many good beers and they pour Guinness like experts. Usually, we go for lunch or early evening; it gets pretty lively in the later evenings.