Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This was a great experience. The staff was accomodating, funny and nice. The breakfast was actually real, hot, and good. We will be back. I wish all hotels met their standards. Way to go holiday inn! Coming back soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Christy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your feed back we appreciate you taking the time we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located off I-5. Hotel staff were freindly and professional. The hotel is quite and clean. After a good night's rest we enjoyed a great breakfast buffet. Staff even offered us a "to go bag". Excellent bang for the buck.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback we do appreciate it and we are happy to hear you enjoyed you stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed there for a week. Very nice place. Clean. What really set the place apart was the staff. All of the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Really made you feel at home. Breakfast was good. We really enjoyed the week day evening happy hours with drinks and snacks. Since we were staying for a week it made it feel a lot more home-like... giving us a way to unwind and relax each evening. We enjoyed talking to a few people and having a place to hang out other than our room. Maryanne (who served those evenings and sometimes at breakfast) was exceptionally friendly and provided great service. She also obviously worked hard at keeping everything well stocked and clean. The cookies were good too!

When you walk in it is open to the lobby, a seating area, the breakfast/eating area, and a nice office/computer area. There's a few computers available for use. Nice and new with fast internet. I loved this area... seems like most hotels stick you at an old computer that barely works in a little closet. This area was nice and comfortable.

The rooms were about the size you'd expect... not huge but not cramped at all. Did have a good sized minifridge. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. Bathroom wasn't cramped, showers were nice. All of it was clean. I loved the bath and body works shampoo and lotions.

Took advantage of the exercise room a few days too. I would prefer a better elliptical machine. The one they had didn't really flow so I just used the treadmill instead. It worked good. They could probably use another cardio machine for when that's in use.

All in all, this was the best hotel stay we've had in a long time. We may have stayed in "nicer" places, but never have we felt so at home in a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Del368
Christy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We really do appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property we hope that we get to serve you again in the furture.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Arriving with low expectations, we were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff, as well as relatively healthy options for their included breakfast.

Located just off of the freeway, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is easy and convenient to get to. While there isn't much nearby (except for City Hall), several restaurants, coffee shops, and convenience stores can be walked to in about 10 minutes.

Checking-in in the late afternoon, the friendly receptionist made us feel very welcome and pro-actively offered us a quiet room on the city side. The room itself was a good size, with ample space to work, as well as pod-based coffee machines, microwave, and mini-fridge. WiFi was complimentary and fairly fast. The only downside to being on the fourth floor was the speed of their single elevator – you could often wait a few minutes before getting to your floor.

Breakfast is included for all guests and offered a basic continental spread. I was impressed to find greek and low-fat yogurt, as well as fresh fruit and non-sugary cereals. Of course, more traditional eggs and pancakes were offered, but for those interest in nutrition, there was still several options.

All in all, the Holiday Inn Express offers a comfortable place to rest. While it won't compare to full service hotels, for the price, is a great place to spend the night in Lacey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aram K
Christy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay we appreciate the feedback and honest reviews. You put a lot of time and effort into this review and we are excited we exceeded your expectations. We will be remolding our rooms in the next month or two so if you are in the area again be sure stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I had difficulty getting into my room and access door outside so to come down to re make for my card key 3 times. Key Card was never touched by anything, like wallet, electrical stuff etc. front desk was very nice. I had problems with room. #304. I smelled mold coming through air conditioning, so curtains and sofa smells like mold also. Myself, my husband and my son were in a room. I slept by the air conditioning ( I had no choice by the way) and I had to cover my nose to sleep. Still smelled mold. Pillows were not so good either. I felt lumps inside the pillow and I couldn't get comfortable. I basically stayed up all night to get myself plugged my nose to get comfortable. I was gagging by the morning by breathing the smelly air vent. Do they even check filter on their air conditioning for each room? The beds were harder than other IHG we've been.their Breakfast was standard like any IHG we've been staying. I hope they'll change filters for every room so no one will have same experiences I had. Maybe room carpet needs deep clean also? Lobby sure seemed nicely renovated. Loved Monica, she was very helpful. But I had horrible night staying there. I don't know if I like to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you were not happy with your stay we appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration when inspecting our rooms. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I personally went to check room# 304 and I did not find any smell coming from the room, air conditioner, or curtains. Did you call the front desk to make them aware of the smell so we could of switched you rooms immediately we definitely would not want you to stay in a room that you were so unhappy with. Mold is a strong smell and does not go away this is the first I have heard of anyone having this smell come from any room. I am not sure where that horrible smell you endured could have came from. We inspected another room on the same for just to be sure and a few different people did not smell anything especially mold. Regarding your key I do not know what went wrong there and I apologize about any inconvenience that may have caused you, but I am happy to hear the staff was helpful. I would hope you would give us the opportunity again to earn your business back. If you look at our other reviews you can see other people really enjoy staying here also our rooms are will be getting remolded soon in the next month or two. If you are in the area and need a reservation please contact me Christy and I will make sure your room is excellent!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
0.2 km away
0.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
0.5 km away
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey? Share your experiences!