“Friendly staff--great white clam chowder”

Ivar's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 6 October 2016

A couple of year's ago I bought up Ivar's cookbook off of Amazon. When I found myself in the Seattle area, I just had to find an Ivar's. What I found was an Ivar's Seafood Bar (fast food). Of course, that meant everything was fried. First, their white clam chowder was excellent! I ordered their 3 pc Halibut with french fries--pretty small portions for $13+ but okay for fried foods. I had no problems with this particular location, but I wouldn't frequent Ivar's Seafood Bar anywhere. Can't speak to their other restaurant types. The manager took over cashiering as I approached to order. He was very friendly/affable.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We stopped in Lakewood just before 2:00 for a late lunch. The restaurant was empty except for 2 other people.

We were 2 couples and I ordered the “Full Boat” (for the 4 of us) that was supposed to feed 2 to 3 persons. The full boat included the following:
• 10 pieces of fish
• Large fries
• 2 coleslaws
• 2 clam chowder soups

The “Full Boat” cost $23.99 plus taxes.

In my opinion, for 4 people with appetites on the smaller side, the quantity of food was adequate.

The fish batter was not too heavy and the pieces of fish were in my opinion on the small side. The clam chowder and fries were okay.

The counter lady was very nice and friendly.

This was just an average food experience that was fairly inexpensive - 3 out of 5 rating.

Notes & Tips
• Seating for 50 to 60 persons
• This was day 1 of 8 days on our trip to Central Oregon and the Pacific Coast
• See restaurant website

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I had been to Ivar's in Seattle and it was wonderful. This Ivar's looks like fast food but it sure doesn't taste like it!! The salmon dinner was excellent - nice, perfectly-cooked piece of salmon served with some nice herb rice and cold slaw. We also had salmon and chips and scallops and chips on another visit. Both were great and fries were good. It's not a fancy place but service was very good and the food is great!! We also ate at the Ivar's at the airport and had the same great fish!!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Myself, my guy and his parents ate at the one in Seattle in September 2011. All of us ordered the Clam Chowder and it was served with crackers. If you eat here the Clam Chowder is New England style and the best.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Visiting from out of town, this was my first visit to this particular Ivars. We were greeted as soon as we entered by the restaurant manager who also took our order. We had the fresh halibut which was hot and tasty, salmon basket, panko cod and dessert. Our bill was a little pricey but overall, it was a very nice lunch. Next time I'll have the chowder. The staff cleared our table while we were talking and then presented us with a hand wipe a chocolate mint. Some may say the service and friendliness of the manager was over the top but I say, keep up the good work and caring about your customers.