“Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!”

Ivar's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 165 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Another couple and I recently visited Ivar's Seafood for a Sunday lunch, since they are new to the area and wanting to try some local seafood. Our order-taker and server was very nice and upbeat. I appreciated her thoughtful service and stopping our table with towelettes when our meal was over and such.

The cod and chips were piping hot and fresh, and the clam chowder was rich and delicious. The drip coffee was good too. Restaurant was clean and attractive, and the service was fast even though there plenty of customers there at the time. The vinegar on the fish was a nice touch.

I miss Ivar's smiling face! He's a Northwest Classic!

Looking forward a return visit to try some of their other menu items.

Thanks, Ivar's!

Reviewed 9 December 2016

had the fish and chips... no surprise there.. but it was very good.. hot fries and the usual fountain drink quenched my appetite.. clean area and friendly servers...

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Wanted to try a unique-to-Stellacoom, WA eatery. While it might be compared to a Long John Silvers or a Captain D's from appearances, the food quality/quantity was superior. Both my adult kids ordered the Clam chowder & they said it was exceptionally tasty. I had the scallops, my husband the fish (cod) & chips--Prices were reasonable. What made this spot stand out was the server, Danielle--she was not only effecient but very friendly....next time we visit the area, we will go back!

Reviewed 6 October 2016

A couple of year's ago I bought up Ivar's cookbook off of Amazon. When I found myself in the Seattle area, I just had to find an Ivar's. What I found was an Ivar's Seafood Bar (fast food). Of course, that meant everything was fried. First, their white clam chowder was excellent! I ordered their 3 pc Halibut with french fries--pretty small portions for $13+ but okay for fried foods. I had no problems with this particular location, but I wouldn't frequent Ivar's Seafood Bar anywhere. Can't speak to their other restaurant types. The manager took over cashiering as I approached to order. He was very friendly/affable.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We stopped in Lakewood just before 2:00 for a late lunch. The restaurant was empty except for 2 other people.

We were 2 couples and I ordered the “Full Boat” (for the 4 of us) that was supposed to feed 2 to 3 persons. The full boat included the following:
• 10 pieces of fish
• Large fries
• 2 coleslaws
• 2 clam chowder soups

The “Full Boat” cost $23.99 plus taxes.

In my opinion, for 4 people with appetites on the smaller side, the quantity of food was adequate.

The fish batter was not too heavy and the pieces of fish were in my opinion on the small side. The clam chowder and fries were okay.

The counter lady was very nice and friendly.

This was just an average food experience that was fairly inexpensive - 3 out of 5 rating.

Notes & Tips
• Seating for 50 to 60 persons
• This was day 1 of 8 days on our trip to Central Oregon and the Pacific Coast
• See restaurant website

Been to Ivar's Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!