All reviewswafflesroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyroad noisehot tubstrawberrieswould stay here againmicrowave and fridgeindoor poolfree breakfastdvd playerthird floorrecommend staying hereclose to downtownpotatoescoffee and teamain part
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Very pleasant hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. I travel with my dog and they gave me a list of places she was welcome in town. The room was clean and spacious. It is right at the edge of the downtown which cut down on noise and made it convenient. Make sure you visit the lovely park a short walk away.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stayed at the Fairbridge for two nights on a motorcycle trip to watch Summer Theater and weren't disappointed. The hotel itself is quaint and the rooms nice for the dollar spent. The air conditioning worked well and while a bit noisy, it was welcomed when it's 29 degrees outside. The breakfast was not your usual continental fair as most places do. They had sausages, biscuits and gravy, self made waffles, bread assortment and other goodies to eat. Even my picky wife found it very appealing.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

The staff were nice, informative, and welcoming, and accommodations okay... Tidy but old and motel style. It was close to town and overall a nice place to stay. This is such a neat town, we will be bringing our kids next time. I've been told it's beautiful at Christmas!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Good value for the price. Nice selection for breakfast; waffles with fruit toppings and whip cream, dry cereal, yogurt, bread, mini muffins, scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy. Room looked tired and could use an update, but it was clean and bed was very comfortable. Microwave and fridge in room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I booked this hotel as it was the only one I could find with both a pool and that was dog-friendly so that we could bring our pooch to enjoy the family vacation. I was disappointed to find out that you absolutely have to wait until 4:00 pm to check in, which is not the most ideal for when you arrive and want to drop your stuff off, check in to your room and relax a little before doing anything. Since we came for Kinderfest this year and arrived early, I figured we could wait until after Kinderfest ended at 3:00 to go check in, but they made us wait until 4:00. Even though check-out is at 11:00 am it apparently takes them 5 hours to be able to turn around rooms... Most hotels will let you check in by 1:00 or 2:00, which is much more convenient. The pool is very small but they do have a hot tub and try to keep things clean.
The front desk staff seemed to be very overwhelmed with only a couple of guests (we weren't the only ones trying to check in at 3:00) and it took forever to get service, but she did allow us to use the pool before we could officially check in and get our room keys, which was nice as it let the kids get some energy out but my husband had to stay in the car with the dog as they aren't allowed in the pool area.
The rooms are okay, the beds are fairly comfortable and they provide ample pillows. The room was decent size and had been somewhat updated, however the drawer on the armoire was falling apart and seemed a little worse for wear. The bathrooms are super tiny, with a bath/shower and toilet crammed into a closet-sized space. For the space the price was okay, but I would have rather stayed at the Enzian for $20 more... If you are looking for the best price available, definitely book directly through their website or call direct to ensure you get a dog-friendly room. I got a better rate calling directly ($40 cheaper than Kayak or Trivago could find). The fee for dogs is $30 each, that is not mentioned on any of the websites, nor was it included in my phone quote, so be aware of that before you book. We didn't get a chance to try out their breakfast as it's only served until 10:00, even on Sundays, and we conked out until 10:30 after a super busy day at Kinderfest and swimming until 10:30. The pool is open until 10:00 for kids and until Midnight for adults, although I was in the pool with my two kids and they didn't come to kick me out at 10:00. As long as you keep them quiet (there are rooms above the pool) and are with them it seems to be fine.
The rooms have nice high ceilings and a fan as well as the in-unit AC, which is very nice and kept the room at a perfect temp. The shower curtain rod was quite loose and hanging askew, which made the shower curtain constantly slip on each side and allow water to go all over the place (we were in room 133), but you can get extra towels to sop up the mess (it's slippery on a tile surface!) from the front desk or the pool area if the front desk is too slow or overwhelmed... Be wary, the towels are scratchy, so if you are used to nice plush towels at your usual hotels, these are not they...so you might want to bring your own if you like a nice big, cushy towel (I do).
Overall it was okay for a quite one-night stay, although next time I'm going to book ahead and stay at the Enzian as they have two pools (one indoor & one outdoor), free breakfast, huge rooms, good wifi AND they are pet friendly...
As for their wifi, it's an open network (no log-in required at all) and is mid-range for speed, so be wary if you are looking for something more secure and faster.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family