“Service!”
Review of Hop Jacks

Hop Jacks
Ranked #9 of 150 Restaurants in Marysville
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We went out for a causal dinner. We were greeted at the door with smiling faces and a warm welcome. Got to our seat in seconds. Drinks in seconds. Food order - ok, not seconds, but fast. All the servers were fast, friendly, smiling. It makes a difference! The food was good. Prices are pretty decent. I had the fish tacos.Very filling. We will go back again.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

First time visit, and stopped for lunch. We both ordered the fish and chips. We had a cup of chowder first which was edible, but had a more than normal fishy taste. Would not order again. The fish & chips came out with both baskets missing tartar sauce, which was no big deal since it was 14:39 and only 8 people in restaurant so arrived quickly. The fish had a nice crunch to coating which was not overly breaded, and nice proportion fish to crust ratio. The issue was it was pretty greasy and I found a long hair wrapped around my first piece of fish.

When the waitress came by to check on us, I showed her the hair and she was very apologetic and asked if I wanted the manager. I declined as it happens in the best of places, although it is a little off putting. This happened on the back end of the house so it wasn't her fault. The fries were hot and crispy with plenty of them. The wife had coffee, and I a Bloody Mary, which had good flavor and perfect ratio. The coal slaw needs work though. Although it was creamy enough, it lacked flavor. Salt and lots of pepper helped, but would not have it again.

I will give it another shot to try something else on the menu, but $54 for lunch of fish (cod) & chips, with one Mary and cup of coffee is far to much. There are better alternatives for fish & chips in the area at half the cost for the same meal and drinks. We always tip min 18% for meal and out of servers control, which is 90% of the time. Being a waiter for eight years during high school and collage, I know the what it's like to get $1 on a $120 meal that was totally out of my control because the kitchen was backed up, etc. If it is the servers fault, than tip or not accordingly.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I had a late lunch and was happy to see 2:00 pm specials on the food I love.
Couldn't partake in all the beers but will next time.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The veggie burger is amazing! Delicious pickles! Tater tots for company! Great service, nice atmosphere. Clean. Delicious drink made to order. Eat here.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

The food and prices are very good. The service was very good and staff was very friendly and helpful. Don't miss the frozen bar!