“I drive a truck. I stop of Ma and Pa eats along the way.”
Review of Long Haul Cafe - CLOSED

Long Haul Cafe
Reviewed 5 April 2017

If you are a true trucker...You do not have time for anything but getting a plate of food down and on the way. Long Haul is fast! This is nothing more than fuel for the road folks! Sure you will meet other trucking ilk like yourself...but please...if you decide to take your family or wife out to this place check your stinking judgemental attitudes at the door...you want Denny's...you want Red Robin....go there! Pay the price to! This is a no frills fast short order down home cooking truck stop!!!! Nothing more! I can't cook and when I have tried you know what??? My food looked and tasted just like this wonderful places. This IS my homestyle cooking at it's best...Never got sick and never will of the price for this fare! Great owners. REAL PEOPLE! Hard working and I appreciate every ounce of sweat poured out over the hot stove!!!! Some of the folks who rate this place maybe have never been down the bowery lane in life. Dem folks need to just go find some pearl palace somewheres else!!!!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

i have personally been eating there lately because of location to a job i'm doing, I highly recomend it i have had there longhaul omlette which is unbelieveable, i just had the monte cristo lunch special which was made with real turkey breast and today i'm going for the clam srips and side salad with a generous helping of fries

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Some of the poorestly prepared food I have ever had the misfortune of eating. The owner, upon hearing our long list of complaints, let us know that it was no longer the old Cranes of the 70's or 80's (When I mentioned how good the food used to be) and wished me luck finding one like it! Mushy hashbrowns, undercooked eggs, toast dried to a crouton, unseasoned steak and transparent and sweet country gravy. In all sincerity, you'd find better food at Denny's and the saddest part is the owner would prefer you did versus trying to fix what's wrong.

3  Thank fishinbud
longhaulcafe, Owner at Long Haul Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

This is such a shame and untruth. I am the owner and assured her i was sorry and how could we make things better for her. She said she used to come during her childhood and i also did. This is a very close to heart matter for myself as my grand parents use to bring me there. My husband and i were and are very excited to have this opportunity in front of us and the challenge. However sometimes you cannot help people who live in the past. This person was reliving her childhood "memories" and thus this is no longer
Cranes. It is the Long Haul Cafe, the food she complained about is our biggest seller and if you ever listen to Mike in the moring, they all at the radio raved about it. I am sorry to have lost a customer, but at the same time i want customers who appreciate the fact this is not a restaurant of their past, but the future. She cannot be objective, but all her friends "love" the restaurant. I and all my customers will show and tell you how far i go to make every single person happy who comes through our doors. Sorry and thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We went for dinner family of 5 ate for under 50, felt like straight out of an old movie loved the feel of the place. Our waitress was kind and friendly, water glasses never got empty.
Food portions we pentlyful, my 3 egg omlette stuffed with bacon ham and sausage and onions smothered in suasage gravy and cheese with hashbrowns and toast, I left stuffed and happy. My hubby a picky Chicken fried steak man said it was just right. Two of our daughters had huge club sandwhiches fries and soup, which they said was great. my littlest one had chili and said it was just ok...but she is a chilli snob! All in all we plan to return soon and often!

1  Thank mailladyr1
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Built inside an old maintenance Shop. Do not let the outside fool you. The Food is freshly prepared and large portions considering the prices.
Very well maintained. There is a restaurant area with a Bar extra. The staff is very personal and you feel more than welcome from the first time you go thru the door. Extra kids menue. Surely a meal you would not want to pass.