“Excellent Italian cuisine”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The restaurant is located in an old grainery building. Menu is fairly complete. The filet is the best in Skagit Valley. The food in general is excellent.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Pretty expensive italian restaurant. Semi classy inside. Ok food. Had a dessert from Costco lol.
But was ok for a night out away from the kids. ....well our kids. Someone did bring their screaming baby. Not that i have anything against babies, but for a 175 (with tip) meal i would have preferred to eat it without.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I would recommend Il Granaio. I have been coming a few times a year for a number of years at lunch time for special occasions, birthdays and the like. The food is popular with our guests. I enjoyed the gnocchi Gorgonzola last visit (the gorgonzola sauces are a favorite). The food is not cheap, but certainly well made. And how often can you get fresh pasta?! I have usually preferred their white sauces to their red as for some reason the red sauces are a little bland to my taste. But that is just my personal preference. The pasta is what shines here.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

On the 2nd floor of the old granary building restoration in old downtown Mt. Vernon, you wouldn't expect to find authentic Italian, but's it's here. Pasta made fresh daily I had read, and it shows in the meals. Pasta is as good as many spots we had dined at while backpacking through Italy. Good bread, good accessory side dishes, a good bar, and an extensive wine list.

The restaurant has a fairly extensive menu for it's location and size, but the dishes we ordered for dinner were done to perfection. In addition, the service was quite good, and our server was very attentive. The decor is kinda NW logging camp style with many side rooms also done in a 1890's logging camp vein, but it manages to get pulled together somehow in a Italian restaurant sorta way. Interesting that it works so well in adding to the Italian ambiance, but it does.

We liked it for our first visit, and will come back. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We spent a day in Seattle and planned to eat here for dinner. It was a weeknight and towards 7pm. The restaurant was quite but the dinner and service was excellent. We share a fillet mignon and rigatoni. We ordered medium rare and it was perfect! I don't think I've ever had a gorgonzola dressing on a salad and Ioved it. Our waiter (Javier) was friendly and kept checking on us. We took a tiramisu home and enjoyed it the next day. Would definitely go back when in the area.